Running around Bahrain

Hey all :D Kuwait expert here, I will be travelling to your beautiful country very soon, early December, and I wanted to know something, is it possible to run around the kingdom of Bahrain? I checked the map, its about 55KM diameter, and as an avid runner i would sure love to say i ran around an entire country in one day :)

so, can it be done? or will i be arrested?

Your crazy.

That being said.. I don't think it would be a problem but I can imagine a lot of running along the highways. Just make sure you pre plan your route carefully!! 

Hopefully you won't be arrested, inshallah.

Its ok im used to road running 🏃 the highways of Kuwait where the limit is 80-120KM, nobody respects it tho except me :p

Just got an interesting tip that Bahrain is a seriea of smaller interconnecting islands like Japan 🗾!  How many exactly?

Bahrain is an archipelago with 33 natural islands and a few man made.  Bahrain island being the largest of the natural islands.  Some, like Al Dar, Sitra, Amwaj and Muharraq a lot of people don't even know are separate islands.

I do not believe you can access all of the islands, as some are nothing more than a small spit of land.

Good luck with your run!  But please do be careful - near where I live a young boy was struck and killed by a car a few weeks ago, and one of our teachers was hospitalized with another man when they were struck riding their bikes in the morning just a few days later.  Lots of reflectors and stay as far on the shoulder as possible!

many thanks for the sound advice!

i agree with relwell,

if your in and around Juffair and your doing a early morning (weekends : fri/sat) walk/run .. many hung-over drivers so kindly be extra careful.

good luck!

T&R
Arjun

Yes you can run in Bahrain, there are regular marathons going on which have a large police presense to ensure the runners are safe. Amwaj you will be fine getting in to, just ignore the security and run through, same with Reef Island. Security are a lot stronger on Riffa Views and Al Durratt but I doubt they will question you if you just run through, it's more the cars they stop. The weather here is lovely now so i'm sure you will have a great time. There are numerous running groups but I don't know any of them personally. Try posting on the facebook page Mum's in Bahrain as there are quite a lot of runners on there that can give you hints and tips or maybe even give you some company along the way

many thanks everyone :D I really enjoyed my time in Bahrain! except for the "Turkish Grilled Shawerma", the one on its side, why on earth is it so expensive?! 3BD for small, 5BD for medium and 10BD for large?! I can get it back home in Egypt for a fraction of that cost!

all that aside, i did manage to run from my hotel on Exhibition Road (Holiday Inn Express) to the Bahrain Fort, with some adventure along the way :P

let me know what you think! (link) i wrote a blog post about it.

will definitely be coming back for more, but will bring my wife along too :D

Great blog. Shame you missed the triathlon here last weekend. Think you could have been on the winning list

http://www.gulf-daily-news.com/NewsDeta … yid=391145

I was a little late in hearing about it :/ did catch some of the cyclists on that road with the fateh mosque on it near juffair. Good stuff ;)

We will help you plan better next time.  Use the triathlon map to help you though. You did good.