Pubs or bars in Bahrain for non Muslim tourists

One of my friends is planning to visit Bahrain. He was asking whether there are any pubs for non Muslim tourists,  specially Irish pub in Bahrain. Can someone share as I have been to Bahrain but never seen one. Thanks

JJ's Irish bar is very popular

Check out the link below and use the Time Out Magazine for more information on other bars/places to visit

http://www.timeoutbahrain.com/restauran … kcfAxCcddA

I too recommend JJ's if you are looking for an Irish bar. Alternatively, you can try 360, Buffalos, Muju, DC... There are plenty of bars in Bahrain. Let me know if you want any help when your friend is around as I go to most of them frequently.

brightonguy wrote:

I too recommend JJ's if you are looking for an Irish bar. Alternatively, you can try 360, Buffalos, Muju, DC... There are plenty of bars in Bahrain. Let me know if you want any help when your friend is around as I go to most of them frequently.

Hello ,

could you please suggest a best place for new year night ?

Thanks

Well, the new year plans are not announced yet. But I believe it's going to be an expensive entry in most of the places. Expect to pay a minimum of 20BD to get into a place. The price could go up to 80BD or more.

Ibrida in Ramee Hotel in Seef, Club 360, JJ's, Sky Bar, The Hub are going to be very busy and pretty sure they will have some nice events. But as I said, nothing has been announced as of yet.

brightonguy wrote:

Well, the new year plans are not announced yet. But I believe it's going to be an expensive entry in most of the places. Expect to pay a minimum of 20BD to get into a place. The price could go up to 80BD or more.

Ibrida in Ramee Hotel in Seef, Club 360, JJ's, Sky Bar, The Hub are going to be very busy and pretty sure they will have some nice events. But as I said, nothing has been announced as of yet.

Thanks mate!

You're welcome. Let us know your final decision. I am curious :)

Sorry for digging this up. I thought it would be a better idea to continue with one thread. I have explored a few clubs and bars in Bahrain. They all seem to play very loud dreadful modern day music. I must admit diggers has good good old school rock music but the place is awful. Suggest a place where my girl friend and i can have a few drinks, talk and listen to soft (classic) music. Anyone got any feedback on trader vic's here?

Not a great one for going out in Juffair area (there are other's on here who have far more experience than me).

However, have you tried Bar338?  It's a bit warm right now but a nice place to sit outside in the cooler weather and the music there is very relaxed - kind of jazz sort of thing I would say.

Trader Vics!!  Hmmm - in my opinon and others may disagree - it is overpriced, full of persons from across the border with their lady friends and a resident band who I think are frankly awful - but as I say just my opinion :)

You mean Block 338 in Adliya? I have yet to try that. Thanks for the recommendation. And we love jazz.

scottrace wrote:

full of persons from across the border with their lady friends

someone is obviously  jealous ...

:)

Nawafo wrote:
scottrace wrote:

full of persons from across the border with their lady friends

someone is obviously  jealous ...

:)

Yep that must be it, because as a female I really want to have to put up with that  :rolleyes:

I was just trying to be polite!!

The Gulf Hotel cocktail bar is nice and relaxed too. Bushido's is also nice. Not too keen on Trader Vics, over priced and the food is very "samey" all coated in the same sickly sauce.

Best to stay away from places like Diggers and Boomers. Bars for "the ladies of the night"

A lot of the good hotels have nice music playing but the drinks do get expensive.

How's the Sky Bar above Diva Hotel ?

Josnuggles wrote:

The Gulf Hotel cocktail bar is nice and relaxed too. Bushido's is also nice. Not too keen on Trader Vics, over priced and the food is very "samey" all coated in the same sickly sauce.

Best to stay away from places like Diggers and Boomers. Bars for "the ladies of the night"

A lot of the good hotels have nice music playing but the drinks do get expensive.

Thanks a bunch

I too can recommend Bushido, which is MORE expensive than Trader Vic's to be honest. You should try the restaurants in Adliya - not bars. Restaurants around Coco's / Meat Co. do play plenty of chill-music and have a friendlier atmosphere. There is also Sherlock Holmes pub in Gulf Hotel. Not too expensive but certainly not cheap either. Most if not all Bars / Clubs in Bahrain are more for getting drunk or dancing with loud music.