New to Ho Chi Minh

Hey there,

My name is Anton and I have just moved to Ho Chi Minh. So far I have no friends to hang out with which is really disappointing. I would love to meet new people.

Also, an advice on where to meet other expats (bars, restaurants etc) wouldn't hurt either.

P.S. Fluent English is A MUST :)

Thx in advance

Chilli pub on ho Tung Mao is good for expats, although not many Russians Anton.. plenty of Brits, Aus, Kiwi and Yanks though... see you there for a drink one night..

Thx a lot sir!

I ain't looking for Russians. Don't get me wrong but I'm not much of a patriot. I get along with Europeans, Aussies, Yanks etc way better.

Gonna show up this friday/saturday i hope.

Thx again

I go there most nights, usually around 9-10 ishs for a few hours... The boss is Fifi, tell her Mick told you to come along... look for chillipub saigon on facebook.

Monday nights is quiz night, starts at nine, usually busy... western women use the pub too, mostly airline staff... so if you know any other western ladies, Russian's included bring them along, i am sure they will be welcomed.

Say hi, if you see me in there...

Hi Anton!

How do you like HCMC so far? we'll be moving there soon (aug 1) me+wifey+kid....

How long have you lived there? where are you from originally?

Drop me a line, and we'll definately hook up, once we get down there.

Cheers!

-Dan

Dear Mick,

I would really appreciate if you could give me a direct link to the facebook page of the Chilli pub, cuz i can't find it

Thx in advance

Dan,

I'm from Moscow. Unfortunately i have just moved here so i won't be much of a help) But i'd like to hook up one way or another.  You can find me on facebook (Anton Shostak)

why'd ya move? job? fun? enjoying it so far? me and wifey are reading a bunch of blogs and reviews... seems like an awesome place to live, and work...

got a job offer i couldn't refuse;) so yeah moved here due to work.

It's definitely a fun place to live but don't expect it to be easy)

thx a bunch.

i might drop by tomorrow

sounds great!

Antons, poor you, no lady post in here yet :)
Allow me to be the first one :D

enjoy your staying. buzz me if you want to hang out with local :)

@tweepham: I want to hang out with local ladies :)

Hello,
Your capital "must" seems to be haughty even if you meant it or not AntonS ;)
If you would like to meet more expatriates, they are gathering at the Blue Gecko bar at 8pm this Saturday.
I hope you will find some good friends there.
Gud luck!

hello
nice to meet you

good  idea meet at blue gecko, or blanchy's tash , big bar. see you guy there

Hey Anton,

Some of us We were thinking about meeting each other in a bar probably tomorrow night ?

join the club :)

Ciao

This is the thread to be following :

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 589#778511

Hey Anton

I just moved here like a week ago and im finding it difficult to adjust. would be great to meet someone in the same boat as me. Im from England and my English is fluent!

So get in touch if you would like to hang out sometime. do you have facebook?

Amy

hello. nice to meet u :)

aimzzy123 , you can also join us for a drink sometimes soon.
It would be great to see new faces :)

Hi Anton!
I've never heard about Chilli...
It was fun?

Hi Dina, where in Russia are you from? how do you like HCMC so far?

Cheers!

let's see other threads and come the the meetups!
Hello russian lady :)

Hi AntonS,
How are you doing? Are you ok with HCMC till this moment?

hello... wecome hcm hehe ....crazy city traffic, busy work... just forget and looking someone drink have fun togerther

Hi,
I've just received an invitation & I think you too :)
Let's joint that meeting to see new friends in HCMC.

Cheers,
Loan