Binh Thanh or Go Vap District?

Hi everyone,

At the moment I am living in Vinh Phu in Binh Duong...my job is currently "live-in", however, next month I am allowed to rent a place of my own locally.

I am looking at areas within a 10km radius to my work... and I am considering Go Vap and Binh Thanh Districts. Having lived in Saigon a very short time, I am not sure if these areas are good for foreigners? Do they offer a range of restaurants, activities and nightlife? Which District would be more suitable?

Anything must be better than where I am currently based!  :lol:

Any advice would be appreciated!

I think Binh Thanh is better than Go Vap:)

Binh thanh is better and more covenient

Binh Thanh I think has more for expats then Go Vap, Go Vap has very few expats and so your options are limited.

Hi xaviar84,
You should stay in Binh Thanh. It is more convenience then Go Vap, you can avoid traffic jam, too much expat staying in Thao Dien district, the service is also professional.
Good luck and enjoy your life. Please feel free to contact me.
Regards,
Sang Vo.

Binh Thanh... (( FOR SURE ))

Hi

I am living in Go Vap, 2km away from Binh Thanh but 5 minutes to the airport. The living standard in Go Vap is not high, so the living cost is low, it means you spend less. There are 2 hotels near my house and I see some foreigners now choose to live in Go Vap.

How much can you pay for renting? I sometimes see advertisement on house for lease near my place (approx. VND3-4 mil), I can help you to find out a place, please pm me.

BR

Bình Thanh dist is more convenient than Go Vap dist . Not mean , all place in Binh Thanh are good for live .

From Go Vap to Vinh Phu - Binh Duong is nearer than Binh Thanh . But far to go to center city .

So , depend on your pay cost .

Why don't Dist 2, there is a foreigner community at there, the river views, romantic coffee shops, pubs, and go easily to Binh Duong province.

-Ricky-