I GOT JOB OFFER AS PROJECT ENGINEER IN KUWAIT FOR 900 KD INCLUSIVE ALL

IN AN CONSTRUCTION COMPANY I GOT JOB OFFER AS PROJECT ENGINEER IN KUWAIT FOR 900 KD INCLUSIVE ALL, HOW MUCH I CAN SAVE WITH THIS SALARY.

ANYBODY CAN HELP ME OUT IN THIS REGARDS.

It depends on your experience and qualifications.Can be good if you are juniour engineer.

Thanks Marina,

I have 16 years of experience as a mechanical engineer out of which i have 2 years gulf experience.

Please don't come if they are offering you 900 KD , as per your experince you should get atlest  1500 KD per month.
Presently how much salary you are getting in India?

If you come with your wife  then your monthly expenses will be 450 KD(including house rent) . If you come alone then your monthly expenses will be 300 KD,

1 bhk house 250 KD, fooding+ other expenses 200KD ( for two persons+small kid)
Accommodation 150 KD, food+other expenses 150 KD ( one person)
Please don't forget to ask two way  fare allowances to your native country for you and your family in a year or two year.
Medical should be free.

Thanks Man,

Here in India i am getting Rs 52000/- take home salary.
I have no kids, my wife and myself only. and i want know company had put one clause that i must pay company six months salary if i left the company within 3 years, is this rule applicable as per kuwait labor law.

You can save 450 kd maximum but it depends on your  lifestyle. Try to negotiate for more ex. 1200 kd or ask them to give house allowance

Highly appreciate your prompt response,

Thank you very much man,

One more request i need to know about the company that is "Gulf Engineering Company".

No idea. If I get any information I will provide you. Try to find in internet.

There is no such kind of law in Kuwait to force you to pay 6 months salary if you are not completed 3 years in the company. I recently joined in a bank in Kuwait, my contract is open to end. I can leave the company at any time with prior 3 months notice after probation period, probation period is 3 months only. Ultimately decision is yours.

There is no such clause under Kuwait labour law. If they are trying to include these kind of clauses in your contract please AVOID them at all costs

james707 wrote:

Thanks Man,

Here in India i am getting Rs 52000/- take home salary.
I have no kids, my wife and myself only. and i want know company had put one clause that i must pay company six months salary if i left the company within 3 years, is this rule applicable as per kuwait labor law.

It becomes applicable only if you sign the contract with said clause (although it could/might be a case in regards to international human trafficking laws - according to who's in possession of your passport, and whether your 'forced' to remain in country in lue of a settlement - this is where Kuwait has had issues in the past, and is 'one' of the reasons that they're phasing out the sponsorship system of immigration), the only current labor based regulation in Kuwait on said subject requires a 3 month notice period after the completion of your probationary period (not in context to financial settlements) ... I ran the figures based purely (which is how most companies 'here' figure base offers) on your current salary and the 'rate' (adjusted to accommodation and transportation) offered seems good.  Although I do think you will find it a high cost of living country in relation to salary earned.

They're going to ‘claim' that three years is they're brake even point regarding the expenses in relation to bringing you over and processing you in here, and that's just silly (and on that basis alone, assuming it was true, should be formulated to be prorated in regards to time served) (lol, sounds like a prison sentence!).  I would make them remove that specific clause before accepting the contract, or if your ‘really' set on coming, have them rephrase the clause to be prorated in lue of a specified cost factor.  (no, just have them remove it!  lol)

Kuwait is very busy right now. With your number of years experience you should be able to command a higher salary level with a more reputable company.
Do not allow them to hold your passport for "safekeeping" - make that clear up front with the HR manager. its international law that you should hold your own passport but sometimes companies will need it to process entry exit type of things but just make sure you get it back.
Any company that would tell you that you have to pay six months salary if you leave within 3 years time frame  should be reported to the labor office immediately.
That being said, per Kuwait labor laws, after two years you would be entitled to 'end of service' benefits but you will not get full benefits if you resign before the completion of two years.
Do your own due diligence on these items as the labor laws regularly change in the middle east.

best of luck!