Hi, spousal visa

Salam/hi.Im married to an egyptian man who lives and works in Kuwait as enginner last week he went to apply for visa and brught them all documents they need and they accept and said come back soon.After 5 days its like rejected but without reason.I want to ask why they refused and if anyone knows who can help us about that?I dont understand why they accepted and all documents r ook but they refused .Any help?

Hi there,

Entry visa for a spouse is the easiest kind of visa to produce in Kuwait. If conditions apply, it takes at most 2-3 days, and by conditions I mean salary. Anyone with a salary of 400 and above (maybe now it's higher) can sponsor his wife. The only reason why the visa is rejected:
1- Conditions do not apply (invalid residency, invalid work permit, salary is less than 400 ... etc.)
2- He applied for the wrong kind of visa (visit visa or something)
3- He already sponsors a wife in Kuwait and by law he cannot sponsor another one :O Yikes

Good luck

He doesnt have wife because before we got married they asked him for paper which proves that he is single we needed it in my country and he is engineer i dont know whether his salary is 400 or more he applied everything needed and they said its ok.

and salary is more than 450

I don't see why the application could be rejected. Ask your husband to contact me on my E-mail: [email protected]

Regards,

you work in ministry of interior?

No, I don't. But I have a lot of experience in these matters, plus, I know people who actually work there (can't provide any service though ;) )

I dont know whether my husband is saying the truth or just want to surprise me, he said first time he went to ministry they asked for some translation n stamps on documents he already got from me and my country because we got married in my country and when i asked kuwaiti embassy which papers r needed they said marriage cert. document from police about that i havent done any crime and copy of passport all these documents were stamped in my countrie's court,ministry of justice and foreign affairs after that embassy checked and stamped they told me its all ok and what they need..but my husband did all in silence without telling me that he is working on documents he is kind who likes to do things in silence n later surprise me.He went to ministry last
thursday and they told him papers are ok and he applied but yesterday he said some guy from ministry called him and said they rejected but dont know about reasons im wondering how it can be
he still didnt go again to ministry he said when he get free day on work he will
im worried and dont know if its truth and if it is why they took documents and told him to come back soon
any help?

My dear Bosnian sister. I don't know any person who couldn't bring his wife to Kuwait. I don't want to say your husband is lying to you or something (I don't have a crystal ball for that :P ) but what I'm saying is that this shouldn't be a difficult thing to do ... you're his wife and no one should deny him from living with you. There are rules to be followed everywhere in the world, and If he is following the rules, you'll be buying plane tickets by now :)

:) I hope so,thanks a lot.

JFU  :top: many thanks for the wonderful info provided.

unfortunately as with any government service, applying for spousal visa depends very much on the mood of the person handling your paperwork.

just be patient, and listen to/remind him of how much you want to be together. its just a matter of time.

if i could hazard a guess; id say it has something to do with the unrest back home in Egypt; it was mentioned in the papers that visit visas for Egyptians were being halted, which is the regular response here, but i dont see how that affects you being non-egyptian.

in time, all things will be solved. just be patient :)

It depends on where he lives also, in Salmiya (where I process my stuff) the people are nicer compared to Farwaniya and the City. After all these years, they know me and I know them, so things go fairly smooth for me here. One trick I use which kinda works ... I use the Kuwaiti accent when I speak, helps lighten the mood ;)

his part is Jahra said when he was giving papers person who took was just looking n smile like its obvious by looking at her/his face we wont do it its like they just dont want..if we need any help can we ask u later?

Sure! Any time. Jahra? No wonder he's having a tough time with the visa ... good luck :)

Is it possible to take documents n go to other part and apply again ? :(

Jahra is a remote area in Kuwait ... to me it feels more like a neighboring country. The attitudes of the government officers there could be different from other officers in other departments (that's what I meant by tough time).

The simple answer to your question is: No! If he lives within Jahra "province" then he needs to submit his papers in Jahra Immigration Department. Other departments serve other areas and so on.

:unsure  Thanks. What to do then in order they accept ,what u think its best as solution?

ask him to relocate from Jahra to the inner city; Jahra is NOT a place for expats, seriously, the stories we hear from there...

@Legacy ... we don't want to make the people of Jahra angry with us now, do we? ;) U know where they spend their weekends :P

what do u suggest then to do ?I asked if its possible to take n apply somewhere else ,if it is where to go which part u think?

How can he relocate,he must change place of living or just take papers n apply in other part?

and what they do with papers they refuse r those papers still valid if he change place n want to go somewhere else to apply or have to make all new same papers again?

Whether he moved or not, once rejected, the papers need to be applied again, even in the same department.

ok needs to be applied again does it mean I have again to send him new marriage contract and paper from police or he can use same papers he already had?

He can use the same as long as it is still valid. Cause some papers have an expiry date.

Also, if some papers are required as originals and they have already taken them, he needs to make a new original.

hello guy, am so tired of dubai i feel like coming to kuwait and work, can u pls tell me the next step to take