How true is this?somebody clarify please

Kuwait has frozen the number of expatriates in the country, according to Kuwait Times. New foreign workers will only be granted visas to replace exiting expats.
read more here : kuwaitup2date.com/kuwait-has-frozen-the-number-of-expatriates-in-the-country/

Well, both the Kuwait Times (quoted as original source) and ArabBusiness.com are established and reputable sites so it must be true. Neither of them would publish false or incorrect information.

Cheers,
James    Expat-blog Experts Team

Thanks for your feedback James.
Posting about it is ok.Is it being implemented?on ground?

The cabinet is always touting ideals that aren't realistically implementable ...I think it's part of the way they negotiate with each other... but dont worry, as soon as someone feels the pinch of money being taken out of his pocket, the program will disintegrate ...in the mean time i'll just make things harder to conduct day to day business here.   One more stone on the scale...

malikahamid457 wrote:

Thanks for your feedback James.
Posting about it is ok.Is it being implemented?on ground?

...probably not yet, but rest assure that someone in the system will use it as an excuse to say no to a segment of the applicants while others will have little to no problem at all...

thanks!

this is all just in response to falling oil prices and budget deficits.

think about it; the land of Kuwait has 2/3 of its population as expats, now we're witnessing being requested to help stabilize the economy; hencewhy they are taking such steps as fining people for stickers on their cars which they have had for 5 years already :P (yes i refuse to let that go!)

Looking forward to see what happens with the visa's!!!!!.

Both husband and myself have to leave the Country on Wednesday. My husband is on a Commercial visa and I am on a visitors visa.

I used to be able to leave Kuwait and return the same day. Now I have to stay out for 48hrs no advanced warning about this. I was told, that I was lucky that they let me back in. Next time I will have to stay out for the 48hrs.

I now wonder if they will charge me KD90.00 on this return and my husband KD30.00.

Yes I know the Western World have been have been lucky so far.

P.S. I do not have to go, as my visa is valid until July. I chose to.

Tootsie57 wrote:

Looking forward to see what happens with the visa's!!!!!.

Both husband and myself have to leave the Country on Wednesday. My husband is on a Commercial visa and I am on a visitors visa.

I used to be able to leave Kuwait and return the same day. Now I have to stay out for 48hrs no advanced warning about this. I was told, that I was lucky that they let me back in. Next time I will have to stay out for the 48hrs.

I now wonder if they will charge me KD90.00 on this return and my husband KD30.00.

Yes I know the Western World have been have been lucky so far.

P.S. I do not have to go, as my visa is valid until July. I chose to.

It appears that the enforcement of laws is becoming strict. I used to go in and out on the 3 month travel visa. A friend of mine was given a hard time about it in immigration since he has been in Kuwait for over a year. Best to go ahead and get the residency permit from now on. That is what I ended up doing is it is a sooth process getting in and out of Kuwait.

check with local website in hijra
it's always changing

I don;t think that's completely correct. Have a look on their genuine site for real info at Kuwait Visa
https://www.visit-kuwait.com/kuwait-news.asp