Moving to Kuwait Soon

Good Day to all.

I will be moving to Kuwait soon and work in Ahmadi area (with KDC). I have a few questions as below for those with experience living around the area:

• Which area would you suggest for me to rent? considering I will need to take a public transport to commute on daily basis until I get my driving license.
  • How much is the rate for apartment rental around the area? planning to rent 2 bedrooms apartment with kitchen.
  • Is there a bus that run through the neighborhood to the offices area?
  • What currency should I bring for my initial spending? Is it easier to exchange to KWD before arrive in Kuwait or just bring USD and exchange later.
  • Which telco has the best coverage around the area?
  • Any essential apps that I need to download earlier for easy access once in Kuwait?
  • Since currently the weather is getting colder, would you suggest for me to bring warm jacket/coat earlier? or is it much easier and cheaper to buy in Kuwait?
  • Is there any news on the family visa? I will be travelling solo at first and plan to bring my wife and daughter later once I am settle down.

That's all for now. Will add more questions later if any. Appreciate your feedback and thank you in advance.

me too

Hello everyone,

Hope you are doing well !

I suggest that you read the Living in Kuwait guide for expats till members provide their insights on your few questions.

All the best

Bhavna

Hello Muzakkir,

About this question "Since currently the weather is getting colder, would you suggest for me to bring warm jacket/coat earlier? or is it much easier and cheaper to buy in Kuwait?" I suggest to bring warm jacket because the weather in Kuwait is cold in January and February.

Also, I recommend reading this article if you want to know more about things to do and places to visit in Kuwait

@Bhavna

Hello Bhavna

Hope you are doing well