UK male, moving from Egypt to Kuwait...all help needed!

Hi all :)

Been living in Cairo for 3 years now, and looking at a move to Kuwait to be with my fiance in around January of 2014...no idea where to start but looking for any help/links/advice with regard to:

Renting a decent apartment (In a decent area!).
Finding a job (i am currently a business manager in a call center environment.
Cost of living.
General information!

Appreciate everyone's time reading this post :)

Hi Timmy ,
I dont get you question actually .
What you looking for exactly ? I try to help you with my knowledge and experience as much as I can .
Regards
Marawan

Hi Timmy, you are coming to Kuwait searching for a job opportunity or you already have work and need some help in general ? contact me once you reach and will help you for sure.
regards
Rabie

Salwa is nice.... safe and decent...

Hey guys,

No i dont have anything right now, just the will to move to Kuwait.

Job wise, of course i need to work but whats the best way to search? Is there any good websites etc i can use? Or any agencies i can contact?

Also, visa...can i obtain a visitor visa in the airport (like in Egypt) or i have to get before hand?

Hi Timmy ,
For English nationality , you can get Visa from Air Port as visit Visa for 3 Month , so no problem at all .
But about working in Kuwait , you should find a company who can make for you the residency Visa ( working Visa )
So meaning you have to search first for a job before you travel its better way .
Regards

[moderated: off topic + please give useful info]

Hi polishvalley

thanks for the reply :)

i have my tickets booked now for 3 weeks time to come see my fiance, and while im there on that weeks visit i can job hunt etc.

But 100% sure about the visa situation? I can get a visit visa at the airport right?

Tim, you can availa visa upon arrival.

For jobs, check this site:
Naukrigulf.com
Gulfinder.com
Bayt.com

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum.]

Hi Express

thanks for that confirmation :)

Will be arriving this coming Monday, very excited to see Kuwait!

Hey Timmy, did reach ? how is it ? hope all went ok. and hope you found some leeds on jobs

Hey Man,

Whats upp! I hope Kuwait has been treating you well, I am a pharmacist, I live in Salmiyah, I hope you are already familiar with the places and streets, hows your job hunting going?

Maybe you can check with the British school, you can get a teaching job just for a start and then you can have enuf time to look somewhere else.

If you need any help you can contact me, I am from Egypt and I have been living here for a year, if you survived Egypt for 3 years I think Kuwait will be much easier

regards