Taxis in Tripoli

Hello everyone,
I had a few questions i was hoping you could help me with.
What is the taxi situation in Tripoli? Is it easy to get a taxi there?
I know there are the government licensed ones, the black and white ones. How are they? Are they in a reasonable condition, or old and horrible (would you send one to pick up your boss in a fancy suit?)
Also, how are the prices for taxi rides? Do the taxis use the taximeter, do you negotiate the price or can you choose yourself what you prefer?
How do you get a taxi? Is there a call-center you can call, or can you only get them off the street?
Do the locals use taxis a lot? Or is it more common to have your own car?
Sorry for all of the questions, but i hope some of you will be able to help me.
Thank you so much!
Mrs S.

And of course i mean Tripoli, not Triopli...

hi there ,

its easy to get a taxi here in Tripoli , they are everywhere.
they are different so you may pick the best one for you .
they dont use taximeter here , you negotiate  the price , and then after a while you would know the reasonable price yourself :)
you only can get them in the streets , and the after you find a good one you can call him directly .
we use our own cars more , but lots of ppl use taxis

you said tripoli , not triopli , lol

hope this helps ,

best regards
riad

Hi Mrs. Sabri,

As far as my experience with Libyans and specially with Libyan Taxi drivers ….it's awesome. Libyans are great, honest, brave and social.
I never felt any fear while traveling in taxi or local public transport, even outside Tripoli. In fact I felt more safe inside Taxi.
You will hear great music and funny stories from driver, will never let you bore. During my stay in Libya I made most of friends during traveling.

Good luck

Riz

hi there are alot of companys for rent cars in libya if want help u i can and wellcome in libya

Dear Amnaali, Riz and Riad,
Thank you so much for your kind answers!
I wish you all a very good day!
Hope to see you in Libya if I ever make it there!
Kins regards,
Mrs Sabri

you are welcome , anytime . regards .