International driving licence

Happy new year everyone! Hope this post finds you all healthy and happy!

I am looking to get an international driving licence here in Tripoli. Can anyone tell me where an office is that can issue one to me?

Many thanks! :cool:

snow_flake wrote:

I am looking to get an international driving licence here in Tripoli. Can anyone tell me where an office is that can issue one to me?

Hello Snow .. a very happy happy 2011 to you too - as per my knowledge they are some where in gargaresh but duno where excatly, thanks,

aroojsm wrote:
snow_flake wrote:

Hello Snow .. a very happy happy 2011 to you too - as per my knowledge they are some where in gargaresh but duno where excatly, thanks,

Ahh

Thanks Arooj - that's helpful

danicoolpak17 wrote:
aroojsm wrote:
snow_flake wrote:

Ahh

Thanks Arooj - that's helpful

:)

please note that one of our new rules will be to avoid quoting very long messages for posting a very short answer.

Julien wrote:

please note that one of our new rules will be to avoid quoting very long messages for posting a very short answer.

:top:

i think you should apply your international driver licence in your home country..
at least for german citizens you must apply it in germany..

Julien wrote:

will tke cre nxt tme Julien - thnx - happy 2011 :)

yeah... could you narrow it down for me. Gergarish is a pretty long street.... area or office name perhaps?

I could apply through my home country, but I don't have to - and this way I could avoid a courier, etc... I've got time (don't need it until June) but figured it might take awhile to track down the place which is why I'm starting early! :D

hoestly dont know where excatly - but will try my best to get the exact area ...

Going all the way back to the original post - only people who hold Libyan driving licences can obtain International Driving Permits (not Licences) in Libya. I'm pretty sure about this.
Have a look at this UK AA webpage where they say they can issue IDPs only to holders of UK licences.
Sorry if this is not helpful - but - this is Libya!

Or, as Snow Flake is from Canada, have a look at the Canadian AA page.  They issue IDPs to holders of Canada driver's licences only.
caa.ca/travel/travel-permits-e.cfm

I've gotten an international driving licence from several gulf countries as a Canadian, so I don't see why I wouldn't be able to get one here. Although it is Libya... If anyone can get me the exact address, I will give it a try!

OMG! I have the same question and don't know the answer yet.

If you have a Libyan driving license you can get an International driving license issued at the Automobile and Touring Club of Libya, Sayedy Street, Tripoli. I don't know where that is.
Phone:
021 360 5986/7
021 360 5802
They won't issue on foreign licenses.

Thanks.
Does anyone know where this place is?

According to Wikimapia it should be here:

http://wikimapia.org/11517704/%D8%A7%D9 … 8%AD%D8%A9

thank you guys.

snow_flake wrote:

I've gotten an international driving licence from several gulf countries as a Canadian, so I don't see why I wouldn't be able to get one here. Although it is Libya... If anyone can get me the exact address, I will give it a try!

Hi, snow_flake, have you tried it yet?

no... not yet, it's on the list - might try Saturday. Will definetly let you know how it goes / what I find out! :)

Thanks.

Is this it? anyone?
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_BfUmlpZ6_KA/TScC5iEM3SI/AAAAAAAAATc/EsizheGgD6M/autoclub.jpg

lovedmydaisy wrote:

Is this it? anyone?
[img align=L]http://lh6.ggpht.com/_BfUmlpZ6_KA/TScC5iEM3SI/AAAAAAAAATc/EsizheGgD6M/autoclub.jpg[/url]

It's a Libyan automobile club, but it also says Re7lat which could mean trips or travels but not tourism, but I don't think there are many automobile clubs in Tripoli either. So I would assume that that's the one.

Thanks a lot, MoEI.
This club is the place I found using the Wikimapia map you provided, it does not look like a place for the public though.
Let's see what snow_flake or I might find out tomorrow.

update Jan. 8

It is the one!