Tripoli International Airport

Hey y'all,
i would like to know if Tripoli International Airport is open and do flights land there?

only Alitalia

Tripoli Intl. Airport is operational for all active airlines. Though not many are not flying to TIP atm.

According to Google only Alitalia and Air Malta are currently flying to Tripoli International (TIP). There are three airlines flying to M'itiga (MJI): Alitalia, Turkish Airlines, and Tunis Air.
As the other poster just mentioned, although the airports are technically open most airlines haven't restarted their schedules just yet.

As far as I know TIP is still not open. AlItalia is flying into Mitiga. Flew in myself on Turkish Airlines on Sunday. Heard that TIP is likely around the 20th or so of this month. It's great to be back.

Irregular flights by Alitalia, Tunisair, Libya airways, Turkish airways... The only way of making sure you know when you arrive in Tripoli is to fly to Djerba and then on to Tripoli by land (3 hours) not the safest, though. Make sure you have a VISA!!!!!

New ferry service from Malta to Libya, 85 Euro's, takes 14 hours but a damn site cheaper than flying, plus, if your like me and bringing stuff out of Libya (personal belongings etc) no weight limits or extra baggage charges....

See times of malta dot com for the story.

OB

Yeah its open since a month. Turkish Airline is landing safely from everywhere...

Qatar airways is only operating till Benghazi...

Air Malta fly in 3 times a week (to TIP)
OB

[Moderated]

you can monitor it yourself via this link

Departures

Arrivals

Itehad Airlines is going to start it services on 17th of January...

What just happened at the airport and is it true now there are no flights? It would be great if someone provides some information.
thanks
fk

All flights back on, they where suspended for a few days due to fighting between the various brigades but all is clear and safe now.
OB.

Any flights direct to UK yet?

bmi says according to the tripoli international airport wikipedia site that they will start flying the end of this month....they've announced dates before and then backtracked but i'd check them. BA apparently not until March

Britsh airways says they will start flights on May
that's so good can't wait till summer :D

have they continued work on the new TIP, as was previously planned and in the works?

snow, if you mean are they analysing the old contracts and trying to sort out the legal morass, my info tells me yes....actual construction...not so much, at least not yet.

Yes, it is open I flew in and out last month with no 'additional' delays.........