Motorcycle in tripoli

hi!

i'am new in tripoli and i'am looking for motorcycle dealers/rentals in this town and also looking for people to ride with.

i don't think that there is any groups or fans, maybe i'm wrong.

is there anybody with idea about that?

thanks.

I know there's one guy with a KTM 990 Adventure and I've seen another KTM bike with a blue 20 plate. Not many though on the roads, for obvious reasons. I sold my 1200GS before coming out here. There's a place that does bike repairs behind Al Fatah tower.
I've seen local loons out on various 600's and the odd Fireblade, but have no idea where they get them.

I've been riding bikes since I was 17....I wouldn't even think about riding in Tripoli, it's suicide!

I was talking to a guy with a blinged-up 2008 Fireblade one time, he told me he'd imported it from the US and cost him a total of $25,000 with the shipping and import duties.

There are a few bikers meet up on Friday mornings in the big car park outside the Medina in Green Square.

There's a small place on Gargaresh, just down from NOC camp that has KTMs, no idea what the prices are like tho.  I left my RVF in the UK, did consider bringing it over but changed that opinion once I got here...

You can also find a big store for new bikes, ATV's, scooters and what not near the Bobcat dealers store. It's located near the big roundabout (where they have a planetarium) when you are coming from the Al'Jamahuriya street going towards the Quadisiya square.

I'm bringing my bike here (Honda FMX-650) and I found someone else who's also riding (only on Fridays though as traffic is lighter).
The only motorcycles i've seen for sale are some chinese models over at the beginning of Hey Andalus and a sports shop on Gargaresh selling Suzuki Intruders (or Boulevards, US name) at an outrageous 30000dinars.