How much to rent an apartment and information on visa please?

Hi all,

I am hoping to move out to Tripoli and would be grateful for any help in relation to renting. ie cost, safety etc

There are confusing information relating to visas and where to apply for them. Some people saying  i do not need them others saying I do

Can people please clarify.

To the brave Libyan souls who have given their lives on behalf of the revolution I salute you and pray for your eternal life

Mick

r u Scotish and u want to work in Libya in current time

Yes 100% I want to work in Libya.
Over the next few months a lot of opportunities will happen and I want to be on the ground to make the most of them.
I have travelled to Libya many times

I still need some information about apartments etc

Thanks

Mick

I arrived just yesterday via Tunis route with no problems, for the time being there are no visas being issued to expats and the only way for them to enter would be through their employers(Libyans). My visa was expired and when I reached the Libyan border gate I was contacted by my employers and they did all the paperwork and what not thats required at the gate. I think it would be impossible for foreign nationals to get in unless their employers have told the concerned authorities at the gate prior to your arrival.

Hi Trex welcome back to Libya and may know how you see the life there in libya now is it safe and it is ok like before war and what u can advise expats who lik to return to Libya coz i hesitaed about back there coz all libyan having gunsand i worry about may be i will be Civil war after qaddafi coz libyan community is contain of many families and as you aware they failed to make onegovermnet coz they are different so i appreciate your advise.

Thx

Visa Update:
NOC has stated there are no visa policies yet,
Malta is issuing subject to invitation letter and at discretion of the consulate
London isn't issuing.
Letters of confirmation of employment or NOC sponsorship are needed to cross the border.
I'll know more Tuesday 04th Oct and will update if info is good.
OB

no visa in libya
and about the apartment started from 1500 dl to 5000 dl .month

visas started inside of libya for those who had theirs expired. 1 year i believe is like 100 dinars. And heard takes just 3 days of work.

Hilton wrote:

Hi Trex welcome back to Libya and may know how you see the life there in libya now is it safe and it is ok like before war and what u can advise expats who lik to return to Libya coz i hesitaed about back there coz all libyan having gunsand i worry about may be i will be Civil war after qaddafi coz libyan community is contain of many families and as you aware they failed to make onegovermnet coz they are different so i appreciate your advise.

Thx

There is no civil war, Gaddafi is gone now, and the newly elected, Abdel-Rahim al-Keeb will appoint a new Cabinet in coming days.

The country is safe Libyans love the Europeans and the Americans and are very grateful to all who stood by their side.

About the rent as mentioned above, starts with LD 1500, to LD 3000, houses may go higher from LD 6000 to LD 8000 and more.

here are two websites
Libyankey - Libya Real Estate
Al-daleal, real estate in Libya

the rent between 800 LD an goes up

[Moderated]

Is it me, or are the moderators a lot busier lately