Situation with flats in Regata place

Hello everyone!

Does anyone knows about the situation with flats in Regata place?
What are the prices now?
Any foreigners coming back there? 

Thank you.

Currently there some is maintenance work in Rigata , but Janzor place is good too .. and they have suitable prices :p

Hello Makosh.

Welcome to the forum! :)

A new thread has been created from your message on the Tripoli forum.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi,

I have moved back to my old flat in Regatta some months ago, the situation is better that before, no more breaking in, but still far from the way it used to be, it is fairly safe, I see some families walking around, in the play ground area, and some activities on the beach.

Waha and Zueitina oil companies are moving back to regatta soon, Waha has some around 50 houses that are currently being refurbished, so, they should move in soon, same for Zueitina.

As for the prices, is is currently much less that in used to be, for example, I used to pay USD 2500 per month for my flat, I moved back in for LD 2000 per month, how ever, you need to have the proper contact to be able to get a good bargin!

Hope the above is of help to you

I know Regata village .. it is nice place to live for foreigners .. and in nice place in end of Seyahia area .. situation is good in Regata and near this area .. because I live near Regata village .. i don't know  price there per month .

Hi,

Thank you all, for the reply!
This all sounds optimistic )))

castle, as you live there now, can you tell who guards the village? Is it police or rebels?
Is it safe to walk around with a family?
Are there any problems with electricity and water?
Is the chief of Regata the same?

Thank you.

Makosh,

As for the guards, they are the some of same guys that used to guard Regatta before the revolution, as for power and water issues, no problems, available all the time, as for the manager, he used to be the deputy of the old manager of Regatta.

It is safe, I see families walk around all the time

Hi castle,

Thank you very much for your reply. This info helps much, cause it's the freshest and the most precise one as you live there now.

All the best and good luck to you.

Could you please provide me the phone number for leasing office, I got a number from somebody weeks ago but it came out as a fax no

Vegasmap,

I will try to get it for you, and get you the name of the person in charge, however, if you want, send me your mobile, I will call you to give you heads up on how to approach Regatta for rentals

[Moderated: No personal contact on the forum please, thank you]
My name is Ragip, I'll appreciate if you could call
Thanks

Hello
Last time we had the phone conversation you told me you'd get the contact information for Regatta Management.
Have you had a chance to find it?
My time is very limited at the hotel Im staying, Ill be kicked out in 2days
Thanks You
Ragip

Hi everyone, yes Regata is good place, but nothing more – it is not safe and secure, we all visiting Regata only during the daylight, but when it is come to dark I will not suggest to go to Regata, especially if electricity is go off (no generator back-up)
Out of three gates only one gate is under “control” of Regata management. There are still militiash and lots of young Libiyans coming there to relax in empty villas.  The families who moved there will be really happy to see the other families, but is it safe?
Additionally, if you looking for the place to stay there are lots of different villas available in Janzoor or Saraj within the Libyan families compounds and these families will take care of you.
it is your choice, but think twice about moving to Regata.

I was offered a One bedroom unfurnished unit for 1500 LYD at Regatta.
"Unfurnished" does not even include a fridge or laundry machine by the way. Thats way too high for some rundown buldings. They really dont have a clue for "Rental Value" in Tripoli, or they simply wanna rip you off!

Plus the all maintenance will be on you

[moderated: no free ads + you could give useful info on the forum]

I heard that Regatta village had been taken over completely by the Militia brigade and there is no security there any more.

Hi everyone, just want to update you on the situation in Regata. The situation is getting better, quite improved. There is police check on the entrance. Waha and NOC expat families been moved / moving to regatta, you can see some children playing on the streets and playground. Streets been cleaned from the rubbish and most of the street lights been fixed.

Hi Darkz

You are quite right, however, only few families from Waha have moved back, but, security is much better now than before

dears

Kindly i wana ask about the rent fees in regatta , for example furnished 2 bedroom or a furnished small villa

and how i can get any contacts of Regatta Compound

thanks alot