Searching for good Apartments

Hey im here in Tripoli playing pro basketball and the team put me in a hotel temporarily. They are now looking to move me to an apartment/home and asked me where I would like to live? Does anyone know of any really good apartment/homes in Tripoli preferably around more Americans and foreigners.....Thanks

Janzour, Palm City, Regatta or Gergaresh

Ok thank you that helps alot!

Check your inbox bigyemdog.

Money not being a constraint, Palm City is the newest gated community but is rather cramped.

Regatta is the second alternate with lots of open spaces but old structures.

Apartments in Janzour Village are also a viable option.

If you are looking for big houses with swimming pool and whatnot than you will have to look in Serraj / Janzour areas (close to Regatta / Palm City on the western side of Tripoli).

one of my friend got good apartment he want to rent, if u like contact me on private message and i'll see how can i help u.

but let me know the range of the rent that ur looking for so it will be more easy to help u

Alright appreciate it Siddiqui

@ Ahmad.M.S- I appreciate the offer but the team will be handling the apartment and they deal with the apartment companies for renting with leases and things like that. But thanks though

ur welcome! .. and dont leave us here after getting the apartment ;) ..... stay in touch

Will do

mancunian wrote:

Janzour, Palm City, Regatta or Gergaresh

Acceptable, trailer trash, ghetto, ghetto^2

If you can get a house/villa (shared or otherwise) in Janzour then do that. It's got relatively cleaner air, and less noise and less traffic. Otherwise it's hard to name one area that's consistently "really good"

Use the search function and look in the FAQs thread for reviews of the other three.

I can tolerate most of what comes with the Libyan package, but one thing that always gets me was/is the noise: fire crackers, loud vehicles, weeding parties that start at 3am...etc

If your team shows you a place, don't just take it. Come back at different times and walk the neighborhood. Ask about your neighbors and whether they have kids and how old.
Look for subtleties that you may have taken for granted in the past: water & sewage leakage (even in new buildings); and functioning ACs, windows, doors and door locks.

You sound like you're in an unusual situation for an American in Libya, since there may not be any Americans or even English speaking non-Libyans at your work so be very skeptical but don't show it.

Let us know how it goes.

Ok wow thats some good info, yea im the only American on my team but I am blessed to have another english speaking teammate from another country who's here with me also and kinda know the ropes of how things work particularly with overseas basketball. But thanks I will let you guys know.

Ahmad.M.S wrote:

ur welcome! .. and dont leave us here after getting the apartment ;) ..... stay in touch

:dumbom:

mancunian wrote:
Ahmad.M.S wrote: