Looking for any type of housing for a single person....

I'm single and working here in Tripoli.
I trying to move out from my company housing where I live with my boss....shieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.
But I can't find any small flat or whatever here in libya.
Does anyone know if there's any studio or one bedroom flat here in Tripoli?

best to look on daleal.com or libyan key website

nwa999 wrote:

I'm single and working here in Tripoli.
I trying to move out from my company housing where I live with my boss....shieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.
But I can't find any small flat or whatever here in libya.
Does anyone know if there's any studio or one bedroom flat here in Tripoli?

hey man,
i feel for you, i know whats its like to have to live with the boss.
it can be quite difficult to find a good apartment in tripoli as im finding out now and some people on this forum can be quite dissmissive which is really unhelpful.
anyhoo, ive found a good agent speaks excellent anglais and has reasonable fees - i'll PM you the deets.

blahblah, I am in the same predicament as nwa999, also trying to find place for early July. Could you please PM me the contact details as well. Thank you!

Hello, why not have a look at Tripoli Classifieds -> Accomodation?
Hope this helps
Arlette

I have a friend of mine who has a 2 bed furnished apartment coming available for rent next month. It is located very close to Mahari Supermarket. I think the asking rent is around LD 1200 or so.

If you can find someone to share the apartment it might be worth a look.

Let me know if there is any interest and I will get you in touch with the owner.

Amir

You still don't get ?!? I know a retard on crack that makes more sense than some people here.... THERE ARE NO CHEAP ACCOMODATIONS HERE, put ur hands on ur beloved shananigans and get a decent place or move to the youth hostel down town.
I'm gonna go take a crap...

hey, my landlord has some other nice one bedrooms in the janzour and gargaresh area. feel free to pm me if you want more info

ok, for the love of god, i'll explain this slowly and clearly
( perhaps even sign language )

the quality of housing and related lease is family-oriented in size, and living on a company housing allowance. 
Did i lose anyone up to here ?
naturally ( unfortunatly :) ) due to the local culture, no one would want to built an accommodation for a single occupant that the landlord can't use as a home for his family/grown kids in the future.
Plus the property can be leased for much more if it is being used by a family rather than one sucker.
not to mention the fact that the neighbors will rage war against the landlord for leasing to a single mate.
plainly said, this is the economics of real estate in this corner of the earth.  i'm gonna go take another crap.

redsaraya wrote:

You still don't get ?!? I know a retard on crack that makes more sense than some people here.... THERE ARE NO CHEAP ACCOMODATIONS HERE, put ur hands on ur beloved shananigans and get a decent place or move to the youth hostel down town.

Youth hostel down town?! Never heard of that at Tripoli... you mean a real hostel, with people of all nationalities, etc etc?

Does anyone in Tripoli know of a camera repair place in Tripoli?
Ive got an old Nikon 35mm film camera -and it seems the aperature is jammed. Appreciate any advice - thanks

Hi

If you can afford it, try the studio flats at Palm City, just after Gargarish area - Its a lovely brand new compound on the coast - very expensive though, studios are going for USD 3000/month but fully furnished and with all modern ammenities and 'lifestyle' facilitis in the compoud ..Go to their sales office, maybe its possible you can get for a bit of a discount - you an ask ...www.palmcityresidences.com

MEtravel wrote:

Hi

If you can afford it, try the studio flats at Palm City, just after Gargarish area - Its a lovely brand new compound on the coast - very expensive though, studios are going for USD 3000/month but fully furnished and with all modern ammenities and 'lifestyle' facilitis in the compoud ..Go to their sales office, maybe its possible you can get for a bit of a discount - you an ask ...www.palmcityresidences.com

Yes but 3000 LYD not USD can get you a decent house, with a pool.....

LeBravo wrote:

Youth hostel down town?! Never heard of that at Tripoli... you mean a real hostel, with people of all nationalities, etc etc?

Wooosh! :rolleyes:

There are studios in Tripoli but availability is limited right now due to the re-development in many areas.  You can find apartments ranging from 1000 to 1500 that are two to three bedroom.  Anything cheaper you will have to find a local to go through the newspapers for you. They do advertise apartments for rent that are cheaper, but the apartments may not be up to your standards. Plus once they find out you are a foreigner the price may jump. :)

LeBravo wrote:
redsaraya wrote:

dude, you better stick to the Favelas surrounding Rio de Janeiro...if ur thinking ( when sober from the glue sniffing )
to stay in a hostel during ur "permanence" here, with migrant workers, junkies and tramps for 3 USD a day...

GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR WORLD

<<< what a cheap charlie >>>

if anyone IS interested to check out the place it's parallel to 1st of sept. street, alwadi street on the left hand side opposite the "cinema"...good luck :lol::lol::lol:

Redsaraya,

I don't know what your problem is with the post, but right off the bat you have been on the offensive against it. I have seen all three of your posts and they are venomous to say the least.

If this is your attempt at humor, I don't get it. I am not sure if others are getting it or not.

Looks like you are taking over where Sandman left off and with a vengence.

Siddiqui

Siddiqui wrote:

Redsaraya,

I don't know what your problem is with the post, but right off the bat you have been on the offensive against it. I have seen all three of your posts and they are venomous to say the least.

If this is your attempt at humor, I don't get it. I am not sure if others are getting it or not.

Looks like you are taking over where Sandman left off and with a vengence.

Siddiqui

You were doing well until the bit in bold. Please feel free to post a link to any of Sandman's comments that were as offensive as Redsaraya's, if you fail to find one (that is equally offensive) then I expect you to post an apology on this thread.

And for the record, I don't get it either, a decent question was asked, and a couple of caustic responses were posted by Redsaraya.

Ditto Clansman!  Not sure why all the sour responses, but it is getting old pretty quick.  :/

bluejay wrote:

Ditto Clansman!  Not sure why all the sour responses, but it is getting old pretty quick.  :/

The thing that annoys me most is that people are not getting the most out of this board now. I used it extensively prior to moving here and found it a real help. I also even managed to make friends with Sandman. Now whilst I would agree that not all responses will be positive (for that would be a lie), I feel that the board is starting to have a real negative slant towards Libya in general now, which just isn't fair in my opinion. Now before any of the usual suspects start, I have had my fair share of disappointments and trouble here, but I still believe that it is out weighed by the positive side of life in Libya (for the moment anyway).

Well, I did find a decent accommodation for less than 1000LD, 2 bedrooms, bathroom, kitchen and a 60m2 living room... If you want I can give you my agents number...

Hello

I am also looking for decent and safe single accomodation here ...

Can you pass me this agents contact details - where is your flat? Do you pay for 1 year up front?

[moderated]

:cheers:

ItŽs the face of: "what the hell is she talking about?"
The flat is in Ayn Zara, near the University, tomorrow when I get to work IŽll get his number cause I just realized I do not have it...
Cheers!

@ redsaraya - you are cordially invited to bring a pack of biscuits (preferably chocolate hob nobs) and come round mine for some herbal stress relief.

chill man, we're supposed to be helping each other out are we not?

@ Redsaraya - Buddy, if you need to poop that much you should go see a Doctor. Maybe that's why you're so grumpy these days?!

redsaraya wrote:

mp garcia...what's that expression on your face ?!? are you taking a crap ?? :lol:
well then...GOOD FOR YOU !!! :lol:

You have a PM, let's see if you are as big as your mouth is. It would be interesting to see what nationality you are (edit have checked, and it would appear that the following is correct). I would hazard a guess that you are Libyan, but have been educated in either the good old US of A or Canada, and as such you now have an ill deserved superiority complex to fellow Libyans, or us ex pats. You come across as young and immature, yet attempt to construct your posts in a manner that would make you out more educated than you actually are.

Because you obviously don't understand, I will explain it for your feeble mind - This board is for discussions about life in Libya. People post questions in the hope that some helpful ex-pat or local will be able to help them gain the information they seek. Now your sniping and attempted smart @rsed replies, don't help anyone, and all it achieves is to make you look like a fool, who has perhaps been educated beyond their intelligence capabilities. Now either accept my PM or keep your fingers away from the keyboard.

I've just read my post and I saw I wrote "she" while I wanted to say "he", in other words, what the hell is this "bugging character" trying to say with these bloody posts? As you can see, nobody likes your posts, I guess you should do a favor to everybody... and I`m sure that you know what am I talking about...

Just came back home after a few holidays and I am a bit disappointed when I see the latest discussions here

blahblah wrote:

chill man, we're supposed to be helping each other out are we not?

Remember that this is the only goal of this forum !

Pheww!!

And I thought I was a keyboard warrior.

MoEl wrote:

Pheww!!

You do it with a bit of class and humour though Mo :lol:

Holy friggin' spiders

I go way for 1/2 a second and it's like armageddon :lol:

Sandman6 wrote:

Holy friggin' spiders

I go way for 1/2 a second and it's like armageddon :lol:

Nothing like a friendly discussion is their mate ?, what are we going to do without you after tomorrow ?, this place will be like a morgue :lol:

Clansman wrote:
MoEl wrote:

Pheww!!

You do it with a bit of class and humour though Mo :lol:

Excuse me, Im gonna go wallow in the praise now.

marksoli wrote:

hey, my landlord has some other nice one bedrooms in the janzour and gargaresh area. feel free to pm me if you want more info

hello friend..

i'm looking for one bedroom studio in gargaresh area ...

could u find one for me ??