IMPORT PERMIT FOR AFRICAN GREY

Can someone give me an e-mail address of the ministry of agriculture?  There website contact details is only when you stay there. I need to find out how to bring in my pet bird.

sonjavdm wrote:

Can someone give me an e-mail address of the ministry of agriculture?  There website contact details is only when you stay there. I need to find out how to bring in my pet bird.

Perhaps contact a company who specializes in international pet movements for information.

I did that. They don't know for birds. One of them told me to contact Ecuador

The person who was working with us to bring in our African Grey from the US was Giovana her email address are [email protected] and [email protected]
Dr Wilson Rojas who is the Director of Nacional de Bioversity was also copied on some of our emails and his email is
WilsonEgas99@ hotmail.com. 
We had our Parrot's paperwork all completed and had her final vet check  and were flying United in Quito on the 12 of May when Ecuador ban all entrances of birds from the US due to avian flu.  While we were disappointed with the last minute ban we understood as we had been watching the news and knew that the avian flu was a major outbreak. 
We have been assured that when the US gets the problem under control we can pick up where we left off on bring our parrot to come and live with us.

Good luck and hope this helps.

The email Is @ not (at) it kept changing it it to the word.

Thank you so much for the info.  I managed to get the info for exporting my bird but the import permit is a bit more difficult as it needs to be lodged in Ecuador. LATAM Ecuador [[email protected]] also contacted me & said they would be able to help me with the lodging of the papers. I have e-mailed Giovana on the one e-mail address. Haven't heard anything yet, will try the other one. I will contact Dr Wilson Rojas as well. Also the Embassy of Ecuador in South Africa are also very help full but they don't know what is all needed.  They are also waiting for info.  All I know at this stage is that I need a Cites permit, health certificate & the export permit from the State Vet.  Then all the documents must be translated into Spanish & lodged in Ecuador.  This all has to happen within 15 days departure. Sjoe, what if something goes wrong?  15 days is a short time to do this all!!! At least the Cites permit is valid for 6 months.
Wish me luck.
Bye