Pet friendly hotels/accomodations for myself and my dog

I am currently in Quito and am anxiously awaiting to fly into Cuenca with my service dog and best friend, Jake....I've seen a few places, but less than a handful...I want a place that will be a temporary "permanent" home for us until we are settled.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Thank you in  advance!

Yoko

Hi, we stayed for a month with our dog at Marcela's place....very basic but clean.....she is a lovely lady.
Right in the old city, paid $400 for the month....
tripadvisor.com/VacationRentalReview-g294308-d2226217-MARCE_Comfortable_Apartment_in_the_Heart_of_Quito-Quito_Pichincha_Province.html

Or go to Pet Friendly Ecuador iLoveDogs.com
or dog friendly on Facebook  facebook.com/wetnoseswelcome?hc_location=stream

Hotels are pretty fussy on dogs....
Janet

Jineson,
Is there any chance you could provide more info about Marcella's place in Cuenca (contact info, etc.)? The link for hotels includes, I'm sorry to see, many listed hotels which say "no pets accepted." Would love to know a listing of accommodations that would accept dogs (and cats!) - in Cuenca and elsewhere. Such important information for those of us who can't leave our pets behind when we travel! Thanks in advance for any helpful websites/resources.

I am so sorry, I misread.....Marcella's place is in Quito.

but did you look on those links I sent you?   They are all pet friendly.....
You could also post on GringoPost to get feedback.....
We lucked into an apartment here but only for 6 months, so we'll be looking soon too for other pet friendly accommodations......there seem to be a lot.
It may be wise to look up recommended agents on GringoPost and then get a few of them working for you...the owner pays the fee, as far as I know.
Janet

Hi Janet!

I wasn't sure if you meant Quito or Cuenca either, but I soon figured it out.  Thank you so much for responding with the valuable information however.  I found that some of the sites like GringoAbroad and some of the FB apps. listed hotels that were NOT dog friendly.  I probably went through at least 5 phone calls until I found one for just Quito for a few nights until we can find a place in Cuenca.  Thank you again!

Yoko

We operate a pet friendly guesthouse in Cuenca. [link moderated]

Hi Luckydawg,

I'm not seeing the link to your pet friendly guesthouse. Could you please enter it (again) and/or telling us more about it. We pet lovers sure appreciate these options being there for us and our furry friends!

Rose

We stayed here in Cuenca at Casa de Cuenca....he has two dogs himself. Malcolm. Internet poor though.
Google or FB.....

Contact Dan at [email protected].  I'm pretty sure he can set you up.  He is also a wealth of information about Cuenca.

Tell him we recommended him to you.  He currently has five short-term leases.

Good luck in your transition.

Kevin and Bill Moen

Casa de Cuenca, casadecuenca.net is a pet friendly guesthouse in Cuenca cell 0995-805-157

The internet service is much improved after many months of substandard service from ETAPA

Rose,
Go to my Facebook page and you will find a link to my guesthouse: https://www.facebook.com/casadecuenca.net

I am interested in that answer too...I am not in Ecuador yet but plan to bring a service dog too.
Cindy

I am also interested in the status of a service dog there in Ecuador

Hello,
   When I moved to Cuenca, I stayed 4 days at Hotel Rio Piedra with my cockapoo, Lukas.  Here is the website:
www.hotel riopiedra . net.  If you would like to call me when you arrive, I might have a handle on a better place.
My number is 096-888-8512.  If you prefer to email.  It's [email protected]

Kindest regards,
Lynda J. Moore
Retired ABC News Radio Correspondent