Is 18k AED good enough for man and a wife?

Basic Salary: AED 10,800
House rent: 4,500
Transport: 2,700
Gross monthly: 18,000 AED (Total wage)
Includes:
Full medical, 1 flight ticket per year, 30 days annual leave
Job: Web Developer/Designer
Married: Yes, 1 wife who is 25 and we have no kids
Wife: She has not got a job yet in the UAE, she has teaching experience in TEFL and retail sales assistant

Yay or nay: Should ask for more; if so what is fair?

although it depends on your lifestyle but in general the package is good. you can get a one bedroom.

Can you explain in more detail like car hire and internet and housing bills and food? Be nice to see some breakdowns on costs and a few things..

Helllo slr722

I invite you to browse through threads in our Cost of Living in Dubai section of the forum to gather some infos and compare about your salary.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Its nore than fair pay for Dubai life..   Go for it, I am sure she will find a job soon as long as you have full Medical cover thats another 5 to 6k for both of you per year.. 

You have my blessing mate go for it.

Hi slr722,
It's not a bad salary for a couple without kids but try to get better opportunity.

Hello slr722,

In my opinion you will just get by on that salary each month.

I very much doubt that you will have any money spare to save if that was your plan.

Good luck!

Check out the cost of living posts. It is quite expensive here. It is worth remembering that many housing options will not take a monthly rent payment, you will have to pay all of it upfront. Read and re-read your insurance coverage so that you understand EXACTLY what you are getting (often it is not really insurance, but rather a self-insurance scheme where your claims will be evaluated by a bureaucrat whose whole job is to save the company $$, not pay for your health-care costs). Do the research and be realistic about what your expenses are. Do not forget that employment contracts are pretty fungible things in the UAE. Don't count on bonuses or scheduled pay-raises, as these kinds of things are not really required by law and companies change them all the time. Good luck!

I think this is a good salary for a single person and should be fine in the a short term if your wife is planning on trying to find work. It really depends on your financial commitments back home too.

Check out this UAE salary guide for 2015  (m.gulfnews.com/business/uae-salary-guide-2015-are-you-being-paid-enough-1.1458641)

Hello bro. U should bargain for more, u will save like 3-5 k maximum by this salary (may be less if u go for better housing than the 4.5 k option, I think your plan should mainly depends that your wife will work and you guys can save her salary in full , good luck

Hi There,

Its depend upon individual to individual to manage his expenses. The biggest or most expensive element is housing which again you can manage to live in Al Nahda, Quaises or in Sharjah.

I think its a decent start in middle east so you should go for it, Make sure the company is covering medical expenses for you and your family.

BR,

Irfan.

My husband got offer of 18000 AED per month in Dubai. He is into HVAC DESIGNING with 12 years of experience. offer is 18000 +medical + transport + air ticket allowance. Please advice if this salary is OK to survive in Dubai for 2 people.

Biggest expense you will have to bare is House rent, and it is covered in your case so this should be a good package , go for it :)

thanks for such a prompt reply  :)

Accommodation is not included in this salry so we have to hunt for it. Can u suggest some places for housing in dubai itself suitable for a family to stay in that area.

Thanks in advance

it depends where your work location would be to be honest but considering your yearly housing budget 54000 AED , you can find a studio easily .. Here is the link where you can find rental rates dubai.dubizzle.com/property-for-rent/residential/?bedrooms__gte=0&building__in=Start+typing+here&is_search=1&bedrooms__lte=12&price__gte=&places__id__in=Start+typing+here&places__id__in=&keywords=&is_basic_search_widget=1&price__lte=54000 . Avoid international city though ..

It looks reasonable, you can accept it ..

Make sure the employment offer is genuine and not a fraud.