I have been offered 17000 AED pm in Dubai. Currently staying in Mumbai

Dear all,

I am currently staying in Mumbai.

I have been offered a job with 17000 AED pm all inclusive in Dubai.

The company is situated at Dubai Investment Park.

I have about 17 years of experience in IT Infra.

I want honest suggestions from people staying in Dubai.

Q. Is 17000AED a good / ok ok / poor salary?

I will be staying with my wife. No kids yet.

I want to save some good money per month for future.

Awaiting your honest responses.

Regards,

Roy.

(moderated: off topic)

This is not a poor salary, even in the best of times - while actually now we are trying to recover from the shocks of recession....
No disrespect, but nowadays the years of experience in many fields including IT, do not have much weightage.  This is because of the dynamic nature of world industry, economics and IT.  That said, your package is pretty decent for you two to live comfortably and make some savings.  Rents in DIP area are not bad, you could also look at Discovery Gardens where the rent is reasonable.
Many posts are here on average costs and figures, please go through the same.
Good luck

u can save 7000 aed/month easily , cheers .....its a great offer

if you don't have kids, you can save 9-10K per month

Hi Roy,

Greetings!

This is Ravi here basically from Chennai.

AED17K is Good.

Since you are only 2 persons, You can get a 1BHK for 4k to 6k p.m.

Food - made at home, is not that expensive.

Travel - Ensure company offer you the facility.

Driving Licence - is more valuable than a passport /gold;

Education - HIGHHHHHHHHH. no probs for you at the moment.

+971 2657079

Dir sair

if you get 17000AED you are shikh her in dubai pleass dont lose you are time came to dubai and enjoy withe you are jop

thanks
sharif

Hi All,

I have been offered a Marketing executive profile with one of the engineering firms in FZE - as I am an engineering Fresher who want to get into marketing field!!

Now the offer made is - 4000 dirhams + a car+ petrol allownace + medical insurance!!

the job location is  FZE, Jebel Ali, Dubai.

plz let me know if that's sufficient to survive there!

I am a  24 yr old bachelor so no family commitments!!

thanks

Hi,
Even though this is old post need suggestion on similar offer I too got recently.  Got a call from Raqmiyat saying "salary of 17000 AED/Month (All Inclusive – Consultant has to take care of his own Food, accommodation and internal transportation). We do not provide any other additional benefits like Joining Bonus, Relocation Allowances and Annual Bonus. 3 Months Renewable Contract, Job Location: Abudhabi"

First thing is, can I trust this offer.

Secondly, is it worth is  coming in 3 Months Renewable Contract. They are telling after 3 months if the contract gets extended then no issue, otherwise they will make new contract with new client.

Third, is this is the same offer you too got? if so, did you accepted & provide me your suggestions.

Regards,
Jayakumar

Hello Jayakumar and welcome on board

As you already noticed, this thread is quite old. Hope you get some responses though!

You may browse through other threads in our Cost of Living in Dubai section of the forum to be able to compare salaries proposals for 2015.

Kenjee
Expat.com Team