Is 7,000AED per month enough in Dubai?

Hello everybody :)

I got an offer of 7,000AED per month to work in Dubai, the employer is not providing accommodation, I will provide it with all facilities.

what do you think? is it enough for living?

I work as a senior web designer (IT) is this salary fear enough?

Please help and advice me as I need to take the decision.

Thanks a lot :)

accommodations here in Dubai are quite expensive, a one-bedroom apartment is amounting to 3500 and higher a month. and you would need to pay it in advance, minimum 3months and other 8 cheques deposit.
i hope this can help

Thanks a lot Viva :)
I really appreciate your help :)

that's 7K enough i good already, because you dont have to rent a big room or one whole flat for yourself. what really work in dubai is sharing you can rent one room only for 1K and thats good already they all have the appliances and all you needed. the food here cost cheap that you don have to worry about.

7000 salary really depneds where dpo you liev and how you want to live.

some people can live with 2000 a month & some people cant live with 10,000 a month. depends on your way of living.
Ability to share a place with someone with different habits, culture, and nationality.
Beware that you have to save from this amount also, so you have to live very close to your work to minimize your transportation expenditure.

Its quite good in Abu Dhabi, But in dubai its not enough !

hi fellows,
now the company changed my offer to be 10,000AED per month.
They will NOT afford accommodation, I should afford it from my own money.

The studio will be in Dubai but the work place in Abu Dhabi..

Is that a good offer now? or ...?

PS: I have a good income in Egypt.

Hi Yehya

Transportation from Dubai to AD back and forth will be on whom ?

Hi Haytham,
Yes, a Shuttle bus!

in that case , 10 k is not bad for a start..
bare in mind that you will get a studio for at least 3 k /month.
you will have to search for a place where the electricity, water, etc. is on the owner.

also they usually ask for some deposits etc, so ask your company if they can provide that for you at the start.

10K shud be good enough.. especially if ur transport is being covered.. to AD

I would suggest you to get accommodation in Abu Dhabi. Think about the time that you are going to spend on traveling? 1,5-2 hours there and the same back.. It is not worth it I think. You'll be tired.
Another thing, Taxi in Abu Dhabi is around 10-15 dirhams, taxi in Dubai - 20-50 dirhams and even more depending on distance..
You can always come to Dubai by bus for a visit, but my recommendation that you should live as close as possible to your working place. Cheers!

[Moderated]

10 k is agood salary for single

Please be aware that accommodation in Abu Dhabi is generally much more expensive - often 50% to 100% more - so the equation of where to live is not straightforward. Having said that, I know plenty of people who commute between Dubai and Abu Dhabi 3-5 timesbper week - but the quality of life can suffer. So my advice is work out whether you are happy to face the journey every day, and try and find options for "affordable" accommodation in Abu Dhabi. Good luck!

Hi,
I am a new member to the blog and found this to be very informative. The discussions and replies can help me a lot in taking a call. I have been offered a salary of AED 27,000 pm with air ticket and medical for me only (not my family). The company is a small to mid size company..I have inquired about the company and what I got to know is that the company never defaults in paying salary. It is in business from lat two decades and have done well. The company manufactures and market electrical products. Do you guys think that the offer is good enough for me?
Suggestions are highly sought.
Regards,
Nabzu

For nabsu - considering you're taking your family here, you need to consider school fees. Education in this country is a luxury and your 27,000 may not be enough if you have many kids to educate + considering they're not medically insured + of course your basic need - accomodation. You need to consider these factors.

For Yehya - considering your transportation - accomodation status, you will be accident prone. The 10,000 they're offering you is of no significance in comparison to your existence.

salut je voudrais savoir  quel est le salaire d'une sage femme in  dubai merci

Hi guys,

I've just received an offer in Abu Dhabi with aproximately 17,000 and acomodation. Can you tell me if this salary support the cost of living for me and my boyfriend? I also read that we must be married there...what can you tell me about that?

Thanks a lot guys,

I am counting on your help

Dana1284 wrote:

Hi guys,

I've just received an offer in Abu Dhabi with aproximately 17,000 and acomodation. Can you tell me if this salary support the cost of living for me and my boyfriend? I also read that we must be married there...what can you tell me about that?

Thanks a lot guys,

I am counting on your help

That wouldn't support my monthly bar bill ;)

(Moderated)

hi , my name is mariam  iam a bahraini resident living in bahrain igot an offer from dubai 10,000aed so iwould like to ask is it a comfortable salary in which ican live in dubai sharjah and can make saving or no .???????? i have to do everything of my own accomodation car ihave iam just gonna bring it to dxb so can u tell me if i can srvive wd this salary with accomodation and fuel and food and how much ican save aswell>>>>thnk you
waiting for reply

Hi there.... Don't accept this salary without accommodation.
By the time you pay for your apartment, utilities, transport you won't save a lot. Insist for accommodation or ask for another 2000 per month. The U.A.E is very expensive. Rent is cheaper in Sharjah mind you, however by the time you pay for travel costs up to Dubai (sandwiched next to Sharjah), you could be looking at a lot more money. Peak hour traffic is an absolute nightmare, so take that into consideration too.

Our world is becoming very expensive, so employers need to wake up to this and pay employees what they are worth and a salary that will match the on-going esculated costs.

Best of luck

hi i would like to ask i got an offer for 10,000aed from dubai and i am currently living in bahrain , but planning to move dubai and live in sharjah ,
  so i would like to know that is 10,000aed enough salary to stay in sharjah with finding an apprtment and food and can i also make a saving from this amount, plz suggest me and lemme know!!!!!!!!

car i will be having ,
just tell me how much its gonna cost me for a flat frnished or non frnish both with prices , and food , plus fuel and electricity and water , internet connection . is 10.000aed enough salary to live in sharjah with all this

Hi Guys!

I am a 24 year old bachelor. I am non alcoholic and non smoker.

I have 18months of experience in software industry. I make around 28000 INR per month with savings of 20000 INR.

Now I have been offered a job by a small sized IT firm in dubai with 7000AED per month, no accomodation, no food allowance and no travel allowance. Medical insurance is covered, a month of paid leaves per year and return ticket to india per year.

I can adjust in a shared flat or appartment. I like cooking food on my own. Can manage travelling in public transport.

Is it worth coming to Dubai for 7000AED??

For less than 2 yrs experience in your field, AED 7K looks just about average or below it.  You can survive but cannot make a great saving, or live a comfortable life.  Many posts are in this forum about cost of living, please go through the same.  for the other person getting AED 10K, house in Dubai and work in Abudhabi - you will go crazy commuting daily.  Find a flat or room in Abudhabi itself.

thanks mjrv

Guys I found this below info from an Indian friend who was my college mate and now working in dubai:

1. Accomodation: Bachelors sharing a flat or room cost 600-800AED.
2. Food: If you cook 500aed 700-800 otherwise.
3. Travel expense: Public transport around 300-400aed
4. Mobile bills internet etc 400-500

Total monthly expense: 1800-2500.

Please share your opinions on this.

Hello,
I have been offered a job in Dubai Airport.

At first interview I asked 8500 aed + accomodation & transport but the company doesn't want to include accomodation & transport.

I will have a second interview in 2days and they want to know which salary I wish.

I would like to know if 15000 aed it's a good offer, considering that I will need to pay my own flat,transportation , food and general expense.

Also I would like to know which is the best area to live if I' m working ad Dubai Airport free zone.
I don't have a car so i need a place with public transport to the airport.

Thanks for your help.

@Ale22

Which is your company. I have an offer & company is also in Dubai Airport Freezone..

Hello I'm new in the Forum and i Have some question about the salaries in Dubai. For the Future i am very interested in anesthesiolgist and my questions are what does it earn a anesthesiolgist nurse monthly and yearly and what does it earn a anesthesic assistant monthly and yearly in Dubai. I looked in the Internet and i found out that a anesthesiologist earns 25000 - 35000 Dirham monthly is that right? I come from Germany and next year i finished graduation from the vocational school i hope You can help me please.

Jacqueline :-)

i m anand. i m new to this forum. i have 15 years experience in civil execution. my qualification is diploma in civil. In india i m getting good salary and leading a luxury life. i m planning to come and work in dubai. So how much i have to offer.i m going to live with my family. i ve 2 daughters one is in 3rd grade and another is 1year old. i ve an idea to put my daughters in igcse syllabus. pl tell me how much will satisfy my need.

Hi Guys,

I planning to seek job in Dubai as network engineer.
I got 6 yrs exp in HP (Hewlett packard).

I like to know how much I can be offered for this role?
Please help me??

Vinodh
Bangalore

Hi Guys,

I planning to seek job in Dubai as network engineer.
I got 6 yrs exp in HP (Hewlett packard).

like to know max how much I can bargain for sal in AED  ??

Vinodh
Bangalore

If you have 6 years' experience do not take anything less than $US2000 a month minimum. Insist your accommodation is paid (one bedroom non- shared), amenities such as gas and electricity, all medical insurance. If your work is far from apartment, request for transport allowance.

Don't forget to also ask for flights home each year.

Good luck

Can I ask for AED 40000. Bec my manager says you should get that amount.

Do they pay that amount for network engineer. have completed CCNA.
Please do reply..

Vinodh
Bangalore

I have the potential of a job starting on the 25th of August. I have been offered 8,500 AED with flights and accomodation. Apparently the electricity is subbed and water rates are incredibly low. The agency tells me that this figure is enough to live on and save.
Can anyone please tell me if this sounds reasonable?

If E & W are paid by employer + your Medical Insurance is provided, you are ok as a single person on the package including accommodation.