22,500 AED PER MONTH! Enough to live off in Dubai?

Is the above offer enough to live off comfortably in Dubai?

Hi NatalieBarry92,
The amount you've mentioned should be fine .. however, it depends on where you'll be living because the major portion goes to rent.. I assume that you'll be moving alone here, so definitely you can manage easily and save something :)

It's an acceptable offer you can go ahead with. Wish you best of luck and welcome to UAE :)

Seems ok and as everywhere, it all depends on your life style and how you manage your money. But generally speaking, for a decent life a bit similar to what we have in EU, ie. an average/nice apartment, with an interesting social life and some evenings eating out or having a drink with friends it's enough.

if you want to in live in luxury apartments and places, then it's not enough. If you want to take a mid range of apartment and live in medium, its perfect. Depend on your expenses and the living standard....!

Best of luck, see ya

Hello NatalieBarry92

Browsing the forum Cost of living in Dubai will help you get an idea of living expenses and how much you can save from your Salary :top:

Regards
Kenjee

I think this is a very good salary package for the start. Don't miss the chance!

Hi,
Yes that amount could be good enough to live well in Dubai.
I am Ridha, I live and work here.
Welcome in Dubai..*********
Ridha

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : off topic + post in the housing section + do not post your personal details on a public forum
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

yeah it's enough if you are single/couple with no kids

Week end goer?...emmmmm. except for those, the amount is plenty.

Hello there,

I see your question regarding the income and the living cost!?
As per my experience the amount you're opting is quite a money comparing to other salaries many Expatriates do receive, but It all depends whether the company pays for your housing.? if not, you'll have to cut-off half of your salary for the salary.
Others depend on your life style you want to have in here, even though you have to know that the city is quite expensive.

Best

It's not enough if you are paying for your own rent and utilities. Plus cost of living in Dubai is quite expensive. I think you should negotiate for a bit more to cover the rent.

More than enough!

Unless you fall into the trap of living like a prince.

It is easy to do this in Dubai because it is essentially designed to make you spend and boy will you spend if you're not careful.

Dubai is expensive but you can be smart about finances and still live a highly comfortable life!

Utilize Groupon(you would be surprised at how much you can save on a night out, etc), how much you can save on massages, or other luxuries.

Also, avoid the Dubai taxi and use Uber!

I'm serious, Uber is a new concept in Dubai and it is so much cheaper and well you travel in style.

Also, do not use the pay as go phone service through Etisalat or Du.

Make sure you get a contractual plan because I swear, it is like pouring water into a cup with a hole in it.

Download a VPN service and use VIBER or some other VOIP service(works over Wifi and also allows you to add money so you can call landlines or people who do not have the app).

At any rate, a VPN is a must, I would use VPN Shield as the servers are either in the UK, U.S., or Japan.

Without a VPN, you will become easily annoyed from getting the message from TRA that says a site is blocked for whatever reason.

If you don't get a 100,000 DHR apartment in the marina you will be fine haha.

Thuymi @ xxx

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not post external links to your website.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

More than evoking unless you try to live like prince!

Depends on you ..what is your life style

Probably good if you are willing to share the rent.

for simple & qualitative life style living it More more than enuf but for top top class luxry its may become nothing

Is this total salary per month? How much do you want to save? Rent can be expensive - 10,000 per month for a reasonable location, then car, living, utilities and enjoyment/leisure - you will soon be able to spend that amount.