Looking for friends

Annabellebruce wrote:

Hi everyone,

I just moved to Istanbul and I'm looking for (girl) friends to hang out...
Anyone in the same situation ?

Hi,
still looking for friends? that's my case too!
I'm still looking for nice people ;)

if the purpose ( at least my purpose) is to speak english than why would you limit it with girls or men only..
I'm just looking for someone whom i can speak english with it. i don't care about "male or female" thing.. i think everybody shouldn't do so..

berk3091 wrote:

if the purpose ( at least my purpose) is to speak english than why would you limit it with girls or men only..
I'm just looking for someone whom i can speak english with it. i don't care about "male or female" thing.. i think everybody shouldn't do so..

Well, first of all this is a very old topic thread first started in 2011 that has been dredged up.

Why would it be limited to girls? Well if you read the original posting that was exactly what the female member wanted, and made quite clear. Let's put the shoe on the other foot and think about it. You want to go and hang out with your (male) buddies for a few beers, talk about sports, work and typical male oriented stuff... would you want a woman tagging along? Wouldn't that sort of throw a wet blanket on the banter and BS between guys? Well maybe she wants to talk about hairdos or the latest issue of Cosmopolitan, go shopping for dresses and makeup, is that something that would really interest you? Don't you think that they'd consider you a "fifth wheel" under those circumstances?

Cheers,
James         Expat-blog Experts Team