Are there Pakistani in Istanbul?

Assalam Alaikum,

I am Pakistani American and want to move to Istanbul with my wife and 2 little daughters.

Please let me know is there Pakistani community around?

And I heard there is a war threat from Seria? Whats all this?

I also have lived in Sharjah and Ajman I did not like it there cause of heat therefore trying Istanbul. Please help me out and inform me of Istanbul.

Thanks

Khuda Hafiz

Hello Khuda Hafiz.

You can take a look to the list of Pakistani expatriates in Istanbul. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Thanks Aurelie for direct me to the right contacts

No i also try to find pakistani community in istanbol  but i found the answer from pak embassy " NO ".For few days the syria problem was high in news but now its normal .There is no thread.Turkey is safe

Thanks for your answers, that would help...

Let me ask you, are there Pakistani stores where we can buy spices and stuff?

Don't worry, not hard to find spices anywhere here!

yes ofcoure there are many stores here, you can find whatever you want ,there is whole market like name as misir-carsisi (spice-market) :)

Man I am glade to know every thing ahead

I am talking about typical Indian and Pakistani spices which are used in our daily meals and cooking. My wife cooks good and I addicted to that food and cooking.

Are there Pakistani restaurants?

well thats a good news your wife cook good:) i am missing pak food  and spice....
yes thier are indian restuarant in istanbol and u know indo pak taste same so no wory about that.
     however turkish traditional food is also good but you will miss spice i know.

Hi,
I'm a Pakistani student studying at Bahcesehir University in Istanbul. Guys, there is a Pakistani community in Istanbul but it is comparatively smaller than the on in Ankara. You can get spices from Carrefour but it is much expensive there.

I'm in Pakistan right now for summers but will come back to Istanbul after Ramadan. There are around 10-15 Pakistani families in Istanbul most of them from Punjab side. They are all good guys & they hosting programs on nationals days like 14th of August or on defense day or Kashmir day. Turkish people love Pakistani people.

Anyways, if you guys have any question let me know.

AoA,

Me and my husband just moved to Istanbul, Turkey and we are living in Besiktas. we are surprised to see that its been more then a month now and we haven't saw any Pakistani so far. we are really willing to meet any Pakistani and to enjoy being here. its always tough to move from our homeland but it can be made easier if we found our people here in Istanbul. we are going through lots of difficulties and wants to ask so many questions. but first Language problem and secondly, people don't know the process and procedures for foreigners. so i am asking here if there is anyone who can help us for the processes please contact us. (processes like insurance, medical, permit etc)

thanks in advance
Allah Hafiz

Samnav

can any one suggest the cheapest way of calling from turkey to Pakistan on mobile or landlind?

@pamukkali - Maybe you should start a new thread on the Istanbul forum concerning the mobile for more visibility and better interaction. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Cheapest way to call from Turkey to Pakistan is through Evaphone.com

I've used this service & its pretty cool. We've got a fast internet connection here in Turkey so its all good & costs around 2PKR/min (Same rate as Pakistan)

hey hi there yaar i saw your post on a blog about living in turkey toh socha shuld ask u some info abt turkey even i am from pak khi planning to go for studies to turkey so could u please tell me few point about their living standard like do they teach in in english, expenses to survive does it cost to much,jobs are available there and duration for job is it easy to get a job. i will be very thinkfull to you sir if you guide me through you experience . thank you

Waseem bhai,
Did you move to Istanbul? Or did you scrap the idea :) ?
I finally found all my spices, including garam masala, at Ucuzcular in Spice Bazaar. Their shop number is 51.
Turkish kids can be mean lolz. I have two, and the big one was downright depressed until she finally started speaking Turkish. She already understood turkish though, because my husband is Turkish and while we lived in US, we spoke Turkish at home.
Samanav, I wish I could help you with insurance etc. I never had to deal with insurance for foreigners because I am Turkish be marriage. But I can help you with translation of any relevant websites that can guide you.
Istanbul is a gretnplace to raise culturally aware children....if you keep your eye on them. Turks are very Ethnocentric and within Turks also, there are all kinds of people. Sekilcilik....judging based on appearances is culturally accepted here and can raise problems for some people. You can't just leave the house with bed hair...even if it is to the local bakery.
If you decide on moving here, it will be better to find a home in a "site" or cooperative building with 24/7 security.

oh thanks Aysegizem we are now in much better condition thanks anyway.... tc

Hi Friends, i am Aamir From Pakistan but living in Dubai UAE, i would like to visit Istanbul. will you Please suggest me the cheapest place for stay as i will come only for 7 days and also guide me that how i can i visit Istanbul, is there any matro station or i have to use bus. there is any bed space for sharing, how should i come from air port to this my place even by Bus or Matro. need your guidance.
Thanks.
Aamir

I sent you P.M :)

mraamir_mustafa wrote:

Hi Friends, i am Aamir From Pakistan but living in Dubai UAE, i would like to visit Istanbul. will you Please suggest me the cheapest place for stay as i will come only for 7 days and also guide me that how i can i visit Istanbul, is there any matro station or i have to use bus. there is any bed space for sharing, how should i come from air port to this my place even by Bus or Matro. need your guidance.
Thanks.
Aamir

In Turkey, can Foreign students do on-campus jobs?
Any legal ways for students to supplement their income?
We can't do odd jobs, we can't ask for grants, but are FOREIGN students allowed to do the on-campus jobs, like Teacher Assistant, pc chores in library etc.

aoa, ap sab sa guzarish hai k ma turkey shift hona chati hon tu os ka kia tarekay kar hai? ma M:sc hon aur filhal lecturership kar rhi hon aur mery pas 6.5 years ka receptionist ka xperience hai aur 2 years ka jo k abhi jari hai lecturership ka aur cutting &sewing bhi ati hai aur home technique sa dyies bhi kr sakti hn like tie & dye,batik,block printing etc tu kia job mil sakti hai aur study agr krna chahon tu os k lia bhi btain plz k diploma ya MA education etc

Hi hadi88,

Welcome to Expat.com!

Can you please write in English in this English speaking forum?

Thank you,
Christine

hadi88 wrote:

aoa, ap sab sa guzarish hai k ma turkey shift hona chati hon tu os ka kia tarekay kar hai? ma M:sc hon aur filhal lecturership kar rhi hon aur mery pas 6.5 years ka receptionist ka xperience hai aur 2 years ka jo k abhi jari hai lecturership ka aur cutting &sewing bhi ati hai aur home technique sa dyies bhi kr sakti hn like tie & dye,batik,block printing etc tu kia job mil sakti hai aur study agr krna chahon tu os k lia bhi btain plz k diploma ya MA education etc

I'm sure you could find a suitable program of study in Turkey. The best you could do is to contact the Tri Star office in Karachi/Lahore- they are the official representatives of Turkish Universities.

Please someone help me on knowing if foreign students are allowed to do the on-campus jobs?

aoa, ap sab sa guzarish hai k ma turkey shift hona chati hon
(HI Christine ,
I REQUEST TO ALL I WANT TO SHFIT IN tURKEY) tu os ka kia tarekay kar hai?
(SO what is the procedure for shifting or turkish visia ?) ma M:sc hon aur filhal lecturership kar rhi hon aur mery pas 6.5 years ka receptionist ka xperience hai( i did M:sc in Home Economics"Art&Designing", and now a days i m doning a job as a lectureship in Govt college,and i did before this job i was working as a "Lady Receptionist" in admin block my experience in that service 6.5 years) aur 2 years ka jo k abhi jari hai lecturership ka aur cutting &sewing bhi ati hai ( and now since 2 years i have a expirence in lecturership this is continuing and i teach the subject is "Clothing and Textile" as subject of OutLine of Home Economice and home managemant"outline of home economics" is in college ) aur home technique sa dyies bhi kr sakti hn like tie & dye,batik,block printing etc(And i also i m doing a home technique to use for dies fabric for shirts like tie and dye,batik,block printing etc) tu kia job mil sakti hai aur study agr krna chahon tu os k lia bhi btain plz k diploma ya MA education etc(So i wants to know about if i come is it posible for me to get a job for living or i want tu get futher studies in my field like diploma and MA in Education how is it posible? and how much money i have to come? and setteled down over there?) now i hope you understand it what i say!

thanks seen sheen,if u give me the website it is good for me please.:)

Dear Christine , im from kRACHI SINDH Pakitan i want to complet shifting,but i haven't lot of money,thats why i ask firstly about the job,if i get job and i admision in diploma in my relivent field then firstly i avail a study leave for studing then i m going to stelled down then i complet shift in turkey.thanks.

You can find contact numbers over here: http://educationturkey.com.pk/

Hello hadi88 -> Can you please write in english on this Anglophone forum and start a new thread on the Istanbul forum with your question?

PS: To note that Christine forms part of the Expat.com Team.

Thank you,
Aurélie

hello murtza I am Esham Ali from pakistan please can you tell me about eva phone ,and the use of this service and which way to pay the services charges...thanks

@Eshamawan, you are :offtopic:

celikler,Murtaza196,
plz tell me how to see it ,when WHO'S visited my CV and how to open   the email in expat?

Hi to all , you cant call pakistan tjeae days from any voip like localphone or eva , bcz paki goverent has imposed a tax on all incoming outside the country. So hold on .

so any opetion to cheap call from turkey to pakistan....any call from internet??

wasimkazi2000 wrote:

Thanks for your answers, that would help...

Let me ask you, are there Pakistani stores where we can buy spices and stuff?

you can find more varied and better quality spice than USA and pakistan for sure.
welcome

These days no , I was usung localphone, which was cheap for me 0.7 cent per minutes , after our government impose the tax , rate increases to 7.4 (appox) cent per minutes . Now  call to pak is expensive in any way untill our governments take off the tax (case to the take the tax is in lahour court from last 3 months.)

Use skype :).

Hello Everyone,

I am a Pakistani by born but living Ireland now, I am coming to Turkey in a week time for 7 days visit. I would like to know lil bit more istanbul, is there any Pakistan willing to help?

Hi Mudassar. I sent you p.m.

A.o.A

Well me Muhammad Arslan and i am from pakistan and deciding to come turkey, istanbul so any one can give me advise or help regarding in terms of language course in turkish. I have done MBA from UK and now want to go turkey to get professional job there after learning turkish language. so please tell me all detail.

Thanks
Arslan

Hello all,

Glad to see some active Pakistani members on this forum. I have recently moved to Istanbul as my husband got transferred here for work. From what I have heard and seen, Istanbul is not an easy city to navigate for first timers, so all the help will be really appreciated.

Can someone please let me know of good daycare facilities for toddlers? I will also start a separate thread for this topic.

Thanks.

Aamna