How to make friends in Istanbul

We have been talking about loneliness when you are abroad, let's now talk about how to make friends (locals or expatriates) when you're living in Istanbul :top:

Which are your best tips to meet people and to make friends in Istanbul??

Thanks in advance for your participation

iam serching arabic frends

اهلا وسهلا
انا هنا

Hello osamatrt, please post in English in this Anglophone forum.

Thanks,
Harmonie.

wellcome in istanbul
to be friends how nice to see you soon

Go to a social event and meet people! Don't be shy!

moakh85 wrote:

yes, you're right MOAKH85..
Don't be shy...

language experience and cultural exchange...

moakh85 wrote:

Yes but, where can we found social event? before we have David...about meeting expat but he left Istanbul...

Oups!!! Post are old...

Safe to say you can join dance classes at schools ike etiler sanat merkezi and meet people. there are social dance event outings where instructors gather a whole bunch of schools and meet at night!

write to [Moderated: pls send details in private] latin is good, so is zumba, pilates, even ballet for everyone :)

hey, thank you for your post! i'm coming in 9 December, and i would like to join you and meet a lot of  people (:

I will happy if we can involve in events all together :)

I'm living in anatolian part of istanbul tough, I 'm open to meet anyone. you just leave me msg inbox mentioning where you're, what you want to do etc.

facebook.com/furkan.arisoy1 this is my fb where you can contact.

Best of luck..

oh thank you! i will let you  a message when i will be in Istanbul (:

Marhaba,

This is imran from Karachi, your presentation is impressive and yes i am interested in Turkish language atleast basics hope you join me with imransecop on s k y

Thanks

Imran Khan

As a local person, I would advice you to join CouchSurfing or to find related groups on Facebook. There are so many events like cinema, sightseeing, meeting etc.

want to meet new friends

i m searching american friends...

My tip is not to meet random ppl. Friends of friends can be good..... Expats r much more friendly and open than turks... Online webs could be good to start a friendship with someone..

hi my friend where are the social events ???????

i want to travel to istambul the next month and i need somme girls turqs to recept me and if che want visited morocco welkom

marhaba i a from morocco

@ doudouj: Maybe a longer introduction and some information about your hobbies might help you create some contacts :)

hello i am from morocco look for a turquis frends

1st ask your self if your a social perso or not
2st take courses in anything you prefer :theres alot of thinhs to do art,languages and music
In every one of these courses you gone meet  different people
3d talk to people be nice even they are not ,smile and smile and try new experience ;)

Using this site

Can you contact me on [email protected].   Waiting your email plz

@Bilald > ??? an intro would be much appreciated.

'zup everyone!

I've just been through the various subject about making friends or new relations in Istanbul e.g.
It is almost my second week in Turkey and I just got registred yesterday on the expat-blog.
I try to understand how it works and see if people on this website get really together.

I must say that as soons as you have business related here around, it is quite easy to meet new people.
And Istanbul has plenty of distraction.

I'm on the Asian side (Kartal / Dragos), trying to find the right way to learn turkish around Bostanci, Badgad Str.
I would prefer to integrate a class or a group to be able to know other people in the same situtation.
If anyone of you does know a nice association, it could hep me a lot. The recommended links on expatblog are mainly lessons on the european side.

Do you know if there is any expat "introduction evenings" organized via this homepage?
It would be fun various faces of this website..

Salut,
Nico