How can I get English-speaking friends in Madrid?

I realize I'm being a cliched and boring person by arriving in Madrid and immediately looking for English-speaking friends, but since my Spanish is so gratingly bad I would argue I'm being kind in not trying to inflict my company on Spanish-speakers. I'm 23, so I assume Erasmus students would make good compadres while I'm in Madrid, but how can I meet some like-minded folks? Any advice would be much appreciated!

Hi Winning Attitude Guy,

Welcome on board :)

I invite you to post an advert in the Language Exchange in Madrid section please as it might help :)

Thank you

Cheers Maximilien, I will try that!

:thanks:

Hi! I'm in the same boat as you. You had any luck so far?

meetup.com

Hi there,
I'd suggest you to go to Argüelles área. There are some bars or irish bars where people meet from all over the world, to practice their spanish.

Hi are you still living in madrid ? Im also looking for people that speak english did you have any luck ?

Thank you very much, it is a great site to meet new people and practice the language ..

Hi there..... Well, I do speak english should you wish to practice. Lets organize a meeting and have a coffee, won't we?.

Hi Edmundo didnt find anyone that speaks english wet ,yes im still living in madrid are you still in madrid? If you are maybe we should talk or just hang out one day so we can get to know each other

Hi Misskeniamoore.... Yes, I live in the outskirts of Madrid. If you are interested, we could definetely arrange to see each other. My mail is    [email protected]
You send me an email an we can let us have each other's tel. number.

Best regards

Hi there,

No answer?