We will be in Quito 8 to 24 March

I'm Linda, my husband is Don.  We will be in Quito 8 to 24 March. Hope to meet up with others while there. Please keep us in the loop. Thanks

Consider yourselves looped

Hi Linda and Don: Welcome to the forum, and I hope we can meet at some point. I'm new here in Quito (three weeks), but there are a few veterans around.

Bob

BobH wrote:

Hi Linda and Don: Welcome to the forum, and I hope we can meet at some point. I'm new here in Quito (three weeks), but there are a few veterans around.

Bob

Speaking of Quito, how are you liking it so far?

Hi Bob,  Thanks for the reply.  We will be in Quito 3-25 March, at Spanish school and homestay.  But we'd like to meet some expats in Quito to make contacts as we would like to move there at some point.  Never been on a forum so not sure how this works. Any help is appreciated.

Speaking of Quito, how are you liking it so far?

So far, I'm liking it very much. The altitude is wearing, of course, but I'm adjusting to it. The hilly streets are also tiring, but again I'm adjusting (and I figure an hour of walking on these hills is a pretty good workout).

I love the fresh fruit sold by street vendors, and I really love batidos (I order one at every opportunity). There's really no comparison to the Philippines, where I was staying last year or so -- this is soooo much nicer and cleaner. And not much more expensive, it seems.

Hi Bob,  Thanks for the reply.  We will be in Quito 3-25 March, at Spanish school and homestay.  But we'd like to meet some expats in Quito to make contacts as we would like to move there at some point.  Never been on a forum so not sure how this works. Any help is appreciated.

Doesn't look like you need any help with the forum, you seem to have the basic idea down pat.

Which Spanish school? I've finished two weeks at Yanapuma, and it's been quite good. My progress is very slow, of course, but I don't think I can blame the school for that -- it's pretty much what I expected.

Hello,

We are living in the suburbs of Quito, we would love to meet you when you have a moment,, we love it here.  The wet season is suppose to be now, but in Mitad Del Mundo(middle of the Earth) it has been really dry.  Well, enough, you will have so much to see and do,, try to give us a buzz when you have a meetup going on, we would love to talk.

Sincerely,.
Denise in Quito(not Denver anymore!)

Hello vicksberg and welcome to Expat.com  :top:

Please note that a new topic has been created with your post on the Quito forum for more visibility. :)

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

Hello all,

I guess I qualify as the Quito vet in here haha.  Anyhow I am happy to answer any questions about the city or life here. 

Just reach out to me through my website as I do not get to post on the forum that often (running around a lot)

Mike
www.themiddleoftheworld.com

Hi Mike & All,

If you are the Vet around here in Quito, I guess I'll be the Rookie, hahaha,

- I've been here since SEP 2008, (and I still learn something new every day) now living on the North Metro side 20km outside of the Quito city limits, 5 mins South of the Middle of the World Park. My 70+ yrs old Aunt & Uncle live in Cotacachi for the past 3 yrs.

...but I go all over EC - Mindo - Coast - Cotacachi - Banos -  Cuenca - Loja - Vilcabamba - Macas - providing ground transport & multi day introductory road trips & day tours.

you can see a few thousand photos of my past 5 yrs in EC & reach me at:
journeymanjack.com/
or
facebook.com/JourneymanJackinEcuador

Jack definitely gets approve for veteran status.  I am grandfathered into vet status (moved Dec 2012 after many trips starting in 2007) because of my Ecuadorian family in law, which gave me a big head start.  Especially with language and culture.

One of these days Jack you and I must have a beer.  I was just in Pomasqui a few days ago!

Good morning.  This is our second year in Quito and we would be glad to meet you while you are visiting Quito. Please feel free to write us with any questions you have prior to your visit and let's try to find a time to meet.
The Sadlers

Thanks for all the replies. We've been going nuts trying to learn minimal Spanish, figuring out all the details for the trip, etc.   I'm not sure how to make contact with you all.  I have Jack's email and will make contact soon.  We would love to meet as many people as possible.  Please feel free to add me to contact me

I too am coming to Ecuador soon (Ralph) and would like met and talk about life in the cities with someone of knowledgeable of Quito and Curenca , think I spelt that wrong,but none the less all sounds interesting to me.

My email is [email protected] for whoever would like contact with an inner city Quito guy =)

Mike
www.themiddleoftheworld.com