New To Nakuru

Hi everyone,

I recently got married and relocated to the outskirts of Nakuru. My husband and I are farmers out here and I'm looking to make new friends and just hang out once in a while.
Do hit me back if from these areas.

Kind regards,

Hello Farmer Leila and welcome to Expat.com!

Your thread has been moved to Nairobi forum for better visibility.

How's life in Nakuru?;)

Harmonie.:)

Hello Leila welcome to Nakuru.

Thanks Harmonie.
Nakuru is ok I suppose. But compared to nairobi it's rather slow. But am getting the hang of it.

Hey Joe!!
tThanks for the warmth welcome. Tell me the nice places to go and hang out other than Guava and Enigma. Atleast I found a good hairdresser that can handle my type of hair.

Regards

Leila will soon let you know of good places.....

Leila, I lived in Nakuru for two years and I used to hang out at Guava.  It's a coffee shop on one side and a club on the other.  I met a lot of expats and tourists there.  It's in the town center.

Hi Leila. I saw your post and i must agree Nakuru is a bit different from Nairobi. As farmers i have a product (fertilizer) that might interest you.

This has all the hallmarks of a typical scam.  Unfortunately I know one or two people who have fallen victim to very similar scams and rather than being awarded a fortune, have been relieved of every coin they possessed. 

I have also been contacted in the past and the wording is always similar.

I cannot advise strongly enough:  DON'T EVEN GO THERE.

@Longonot62- ???

Hi Christine,

When I wrote the above, there was a long message from a man claiming to be a Lawyer from Benin.  He said that a possible relative of Leila had died in a car accident, leaving several million $.  This man claimed that the person who had died was also named Leila and he was pretty sure that he had found a relative.  He went on to offer to deposit 50% of the cash in Leila's bank account, and then asked for full ID details, including bank details, to be forwarded to him.

I posted a response, because Its a very common scam, in the UK and a friend of mine fell for it..........and lost everything.  They are less common now, as people have got to know the typical wording - there is always an accident, usually car or plane crash (sometimes with a link to a genuine news article), a death, a large amount of money, problems tracking down next of kin and a request for you to provide personal details, accounts etc.

The 'lawyer' posting, was still online when I wrote the above piece - I imagine that he instantly removed his post, leaving evryone thinking that I'd lost it! 

I hope that people will read this and take heed, in case the scamsters are targeting expats through this site.

Apologies for any confusion/concerns.

Hai there!

How is Nakuru life? In November I will be moving from the Netherlands to Nakuru. I was wondering if you might know more about the malaria medication thing;) I am getting some mixed information. Is it wise to take preventive malaria pills or is Nakuru a low risk environment? What are your experiences?
Thank you so much in advance!!
And maybe see you in Nakuru;)

Meg
[email protected]

Call on me 0710515835.am near nakuru we may be friends and show you around nakuru.regards grace

Hi. I am Sanjay. I was going through your conversation with Leila. I am interested to know r u still in to fertiliser business?
I am planing to do some farming.

Hi. Laila
I am in Nairobi for last 4 months. I am planing to do some farming here. Will you pl tell me about your experience doing farming in Kenya.

Hi Sanjay,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Please note that you posted on an old thread and Leila may not reply to your post.

I would suggest you to create a new discussion on the Nairobi forum with all your questions regarding farming.

I am sure you will get some answers very soon.

Best of luck :)

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team