EXPATS GET-TOGETHER DINNER

Hi guys,
Remember that there was a suggestion to have a get-together dinner for new members livin in Nairobi for them to get to make new friends? The dinner is still on,this Sunday, 11th September, from 6:00 pm at Westgate Shopping mall. Please call me on 0729 079 046 for those who havent confirmed yet or anyone who has suggetions on something special to add on this event.

Some people said that they do not knw where this is. Please call me of anyone else in teh forum for help.

Anyone willin to help out in adding finer details to this?
See u there!

Hey chicita, Did the dinner happen? and if it did what was the outcome?

Just my timing, is there another of these?

There will be more next year.

Hi. Am a kenyan who relocated back to kenya from Denmark a year ago. Would like to know whether am eligible to attend and if yes how much is required for the dinner.  Sarah

hi,i think you are eligible bacause you have been an expatriate. Will tell you once we organize another one...welcome back.

Hi, please let me know when you'll organize another one. Hope it will be soon !thanks !

Ok,will do that.

wow...this seems like a great idea...is it just for expats? i get the impression from your response to sarahjingo

It is mainly for expats,but locals are welcome. We would like to share our experiences and get to dimystify a few things here and there,then learn from them...

So are there any plans or suggestions yet? Easter maybe?

That is a nice suggestion,but most people prefer to spend time with their families during Easter. We could do it on a Sunday afternoon,as from 2pm,and it does not have to be a dinner,we could meet up for a drink.

What do you think?

Easter would not be appropriate because most take short holidays that time with familys. Any other time ok with me.

This is a great idea. Am a local but work with expatriates but from Africa. Lunch would be nice. Can I suggest Olepolos? Its a great place and not very far.

Hey Maggie,
Olepolos sounds like a good idea but dont you think it is abit out of town?

Maggie. Olepolos is a good idea especially for those who have never been there will be able to see the beautiful landscapes.

Thanks Sarahjingo, I thought so too. Its a nice cool top of the hill with great roast meat. They also have a swimming pool. I like the scenery around.

It is good that the two of you (Maggie and Sarahjingo) are thinking in a similar direction. How about we meet up this Sunday at 2:00 pm for coffee at Tea Sopt,Koinange street,then we can plan the Olepolos plot?

hey chicita

This is Danny - movoing to Kenya April - hope I can be included in the group.

Danny Conner (USA)

Hey Cicita

I am going to resume my job in Nairobi in April, If you consider me in the group I appreciate

Den

Hey this would be a great idea, keep me posted! Could help with the logistics and putting it together. Lets show the Xpats our beautiful country.... Feel at home

Hi Chicita and all,

Would love to be attend the next get together when it does materialize :) I'm Kenyan but work with expatriates- have traveled and lived abroad as well.

Cheers

Iovanna

Hi,

Im a Tanzanian working for an Australian Foundation in Nairobi. I would like to attend the next get-together. keep me posted.

Hellen

Hi everyone,
Thanks alot for the feedback.

Looks like we have April as the month for the next get-together. How about the 15th of April in the afternoon? It will be on a Sunday.

Connerd and Dennise,will you be here by then?

Hi Chicita,

As we plan for the next get-together people should suggest what they prefer between coffee, lunch or dinner and also whether its on Saturday and Sunday.

Count me in as well on the 15th of April. Please let me when and where we are going to meet. Number is 0737-809896. Divyesh Pattni

hey chicita

I am in nairobi now - arrived tuesday - look forward to meeting all of you

Hi everybody. I would suggest lunch. Somebody once suggested venue at olepolos.   If it is out of town then lunch is appropriate. If it is within,  then i would suggest dinner.

Olepolos is a nice place but it's a bit far, out of town.

Hi, welcome Connerd.

Since starting off with something within or near town is better,what would you preffer? Please select a combination (day and destination) or suggest another:

Time: 2:00pm

a)Saturday afternoon(21st April)
b)Sunday after noon(22nd April)

Meeting place:
1)Nakumatt junction
2)Westgate shopping mall
3)Tea spot

Please pick a day and preffered suggestion.

You can also inbox me or call me 0729 079 046 or email [email protected], for easier planning.

Saturday afternoon(21st April)

Nakumatt junction

saturday afternoon- Nakumat Junction

second that, nakumatt junction
Keep me posted

Nakumat junction lunch perfect choice.

Ok,looks like Nakumatt Junction wins. About the Saturdays,which one..is it the 21st as suggested by Mkaqeel or the 14th?

Will we be able to communicate within next few hours for tomorrow?

the pace was very slow and hence I had suggested for next week!!

Kashif

agree with mkaqeel it may be too short notice for tommorrow

i suggest, we stick to 21st (next saturday). I propose art cafe-Nakumat Junction. Time???

hi folks,

have we agreed for the time and venue; please confirm?(who is the moderator?)

Hi everyone,

I am the 'moderator' for this get-together.

So,it is agreed that we are meeting on Saturday, 21th April 2012 at the Nakumatt Junction, Art Café. How about 3:00 pm?

Could we have an identification tag or style?