Can my sister bring my cat?

My ex wife, me and my son had a cat together in Denmark. Now they have to move to a place in Denmark where they cannot have pets. Since my daughter has just died, it is vital for my son that I take care of the cat, that I bring it to my house in Costa Rica. I would love to do that. Question is, can my sister bring it from Denmark? I am already in Costa Rica, but she will come visit anyway, I just wonder whether it HAS to be me travelling with the cat, the actual importer? If my sister brings it, will we have to do different, and more complicated paperwork - I know of a rabies vaccine (at least 1 month old) and vaccines for feline viral rhinotracheitis, calicivirus and panleukopenia, and a no more than 10 days old certificate. Is a chip mandatory (my cat has an idea tattooed in the ear)?  Anything else?

The cats owners name must be on the paperwork and ticket, so suggest she takes the cat to the local vet and see if they  can transfer to her, named as the new owner. It shouldn't be difficult

Go to CR embassy website for details. Cat is easy.