Best locations to live with small dogs

We are planning on retiring in Costa Rica and we have 2 pugs. Where are the best locations to live where there is no worries from snakes or monkeys?

Add poisonous toads / frogs to your concerns :(

yikes..:o

Hello! My husband and I are moving to Costa Rica soon with two pugs and two mixed breeds. We are dog rescuers from Miami, Florida and have a soft spot for Pugs. I have worked closely with Pug rescue in my area for over 10 years and have placed several rescued pugs for adoption. We just came back from Costa Rica where we rented a house in the mountains of San Ramon. We chose this area because of the cooler weather which is beneficial to our pugs and because it is close to an awesome rescue run by an Austrian lady who for the last 20 years has dedicated herself to saving as many street dogs as possible. I have already been in contact with her and plan to volunteer at her rescue facility. I have not heard of monkeys or snakes being in the San Ramon area, monkeys are usually arond the rain forest and snakes prefer the low lands where is it warmer, this is just my observation, of course you need to do your own research and determine if this area meets your needs. If you do so desire we can stay in touch and possibly help each other with our pugs.
Thanks and Pura Vida soon!!!!
Ana