Facebook

Anybody else having trouble logging onto Facebook this afternoon?? Can't seem to get on.  Have they closed it like YouTube??  :mad:

you can browse by using vtunnel.com and similar, someone told me

Yes, I was having trouble logging on to the secure site, but I was finally able to log on when I went to the unsecure login site.  I found the network very, very slow yesterday.

heard a rumour that they might soon be blocking fb...

snow_flake wrote:

heard a rumour that they might soon be blocking fb...

sigh...so what's new??  :|  It was only a matter of time.  Thanks everyone for your input

I have friends of mine working in LTT and GPTC
they all confirmed me that facebook will not be blocked and also youtube will be unblocked soon. so calm down

Sleepy Hollow wrote:

I have friends of mine working in LTT and GPTC
they all confirmed me that facebook will not be blocked and also youtube will be unblocked soon. so calm down

That is what i was thinking as I had no problem what so ever using FB at all. Unblocking youtube is a good news as anonymous proxies suck big time.

Thank you Sleepy, I was almost going to start crying in my wheaties.  I communicate with my family through facebook, so it would be a really big deal if it was blocked.  At least in my little world.  :lol:

TAMBIEN ME PASA PERO PUEDES ENTRAR A TRAVES DEL ENLACE Q TE LLEGA CON LOS MENSAJES EN EL CORREO ELECTRONOCO.

UN SALUDO.

hola milenavk, no se si la gente en ese foro entienden español ... por favor, publica su mensajes en ingles ;)

CAPS LOCK OFF por favour :)

WHY CAN'T WE TYPE IN CAPS? I'M SORRY IF YOU'VE ALREADY MENTIONED THIS BUT I DON'T SEE A PROBLEM.

It's an internet etiquette thing... typing all in capitals is classed as shouting.

OMG, no offence but since when did the INTERNET etiquette start?

Is this like writing a letter in red pen????

It's like let me send my wife an email with font color red(just to make it look pretty), but no wait I have to follow the internet etiquettes FFS just get on with it!!!

the "netiquette" started more than 10 years ago

Blockage of websites by whoever really isn't that big a deal. You can very easily visit those sites through other machines on the internet which are set up for that purpose, called proxies. A proxy may either be connected to directly (you enter the proxy's internet address in your web browser's settings - safest, most reliable option) or web based (you visit a web site which within, opens the web page you want to see -unreliable, limited only to normal web browsing).

And just so you know, proxies are really not at all a big deal. Just a heads up in case you want to brag to someone you know about how cool you are for using a proxy, because they are literally a dime a dozen and you could be facing some serious ridicule if you do.

Gernademan wrote:

It's like let me send my wife an email with font color red(just to make it look pretty), but no wait I have to follow the internet etiquettes FFS just get on with it!!!

lolololol  :lol: