Women's Meetup in Toulouse!!

Hi guys,

Me and my partner have both recently moved to Toulouse from San Francisco and I would love put together a group of women who are looking to make new friends, learn new skills and all around plan fun events to better themselves :)

If anybody is interested and would like to meet for a drink or dinner next month, let me know and I will put something together!

Hello! yes it would be nice to meet new people! I will be away in Oct but Nov is good for me!

Thanks a lot for responding  :) ! I will be putting together an event both, October and November.

If you don't mind me asking, what are your interests? I like to get feedback from all the women in the group :)

If you have any questions or need to reach me, feel free to do so here *

Looking forward to meeting you!

Karina

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Sharing of external links as well as email address not allowed on the forum.

Hello everyone!

I'm a young Finn living an hour from Toulouse and I would really like to participate! Dinner or drinks in Toulouse sounds great. I'm looking forward to meeting new people :)

Hi there.
I recently just moved to Pau with my husband (I'm 24 and he is 27).
I am about 2 hours away from Toulouse but would love to get involved when possible.

Patricia

Hi! I moved here in summer and I would also like to meet new people! :) I am interested in various things: dinners, cultural events, being outdoors (nature walks, cycling).
Cheers!
Kristel

Hi everyone!

I'm an American living in France since 2012, just moved from Lyon and been in Toulouse for about a month :) I would love to join you guys for a meet-up if you organize something! I'm into music, film, travel, food... but I'm pretty much down for anything excluding probably contact sports ;)
Let me know!

Julie

Hi Karina and welcome to Toulouse. I was born in Toulouse and lived in the Bay Area for over 25 years!!!!! Would love to hear your impressions, it is quite different LOL. Actually, I had a hard time getting used to France, I have become more American than French  :/  ..... Liz

Hello there,
I am a French woman who lived in San Francisco before and wonder what it's like for you to move to my country?
I am about to move back there too as I can't make it here anymore:(
I will be the first one to sign up to your meet up group;)
A bientot,
Nathalie

Hi Nathalie, do I understand correctly that you are French, lived in San Francisco and are now moving back to France? Liz

YES!!!

You didn't answer my question......

Nathalie, if your question was "What was it like to move to your country?" Well, I was born in Toulouse so moving back to France was moving back to my country..... and it was very hard, still is after 10 years!!!! Here, people say things like "We have always done it this way" and my way of thinking is opposite, more like "Let's try something new"...... I don't think I am going to stay in France.

Merci For your answer;)
I am torturing myself right now as I am in the U.S. And can't decide if I stay or go back home!!
I don't make a living here in NYC! So why stay and pay high rent for nothing?!????
Also it is winter soon and I hate the cold!!!:(
But WHERE to go? Is there an escape from this Austerity world we live in nowadays??
I am all alone, friends disapeared as they are superficial and interested in what they can get from me....so now, WHAT?!?
I just don't know what to do with my life and it drives me crazy!!!
I never thought I would end this way:(

Nathalie, I understand your dilemna! I don't know what your job skills are..... would you be better off moving to Silicon Valley where they are hiring if you have specific skills they are looking for? High cost of living also.....the job market in France is BAD and you wouldn't get unemployment when you come back.... so would you go back home to your parents to live???? I had better friends in the US than in France where I found people very superficial..... I had a car accident once and nobody came to see if I needed any help..... my US friends would have brought me dinner and taken care of me. So think about it very seriously, the grass is NOT greener here in France. The only thing is the Carte Vitale!

Wow!! That's very true when you are in a foreign country....
No compassion in my country:(
I am alone in the U.S. Also nobody would come to help me if I got injured here, believe me...nowadays, people are very selfish and rude:(
I will stay here then....without a carte vitale....
Living in the edge as always...scary but that's life here...

Nathalie, there are things you can do as always in life..... move out of NY to a more friendly town, take courses to improve your professional life in Community Colleges or free on line through coursera..... don't forget, we are the actor of our life, we can shape it, we are not victims  ;)

Hey everyone!

I'm from Sweden and I've lived in Lausanne, Switzerland for two years. This upcoming Monday I'm moving to Toulouse and staying until December 19 and I would love to meet some new people during my stay there!  :D

I'm interested in many things: Hiking, outdoor stuff like climbing etc, aesthetics, travel and so on. But in the city I like to meet new friends, visit pubs, watch movies or just hang out together. Anything can be nice...
Let me know if something is arranged!  :top: