Just Arrived in Nairobi

Hi all, I've just arrived in Nairobi the day before yesterday and am staying at Norfolk Towers until I find an apartment. I'm fluent in French, English, Italian and (Mauritian) Creole. Can anyone guide me to tips on the town on how to find out about upcoming social, cultural, gastronomic or entertainment events in and around Nairobi? Many Thanks! Sy

Hi Sy,

Welcome to Kenya. There are a number of websites and magazines that can give you the information you need.  For example, you can get "UP Magazine" or Phat in almost every restaurant in Nairobi (I know JAVA has them) you can also check a website called Kenya buzz or Phat.

Hope that helps.

Melissa.

Many thanks, Melissa!

Karibu Kenya.

We have Java, carnivore, Karen Blixen, Amani Ya Juu on Riverside drive (Garden cafe one of the best serving gourmet salads in town).

Hey welcome To Nairobi!
Je m'appelle El Fuego Mutaz, je parle Francais, Anglais et un peu de Portugais.
je peux vous aider car ca fait deux ans deja que je vis au kenya et travaille a Nairobi.
Vous assister a trouver un appartement dans un quartier securise, le divertissement,
les coins chauds de la ville, tout ca je peux vous aider a decouvrir, car je suis concultant
dans une compagnie de customer care ici mais je suis en repos d'une semaine alors je suis libre.

Si interesse, ecrivez-moi a **

Moderated by Gavind 8 years ago
Reason : évitez de poster vos coordonnées sur un forum publique, par mesure de securité.

Hello Gift Do Ceo,

Please note that we are on an English forum, i would suggest that you communicate in English solely.

If you you wish to interact in french feel free to switch the England flag with the France one to be directed to the French section.

Thank you for adhering.
Gavind