Bed Sizes and Health Insurance

I'm moving to India Jan. 1 from the U.S.  Although I've lived there before, I'm not familiar with basics like bed size dimensions (my father was a diplomat).

I want to bring a set of sheets from the U.S. I know that Indian bedsizes are slightly smaller than those in the U.S.

Also, how much does a double cost?  Do those generally come with two mattresses or one?  How much do mattresses cost?

------

What kind of health insurance is available to cover doctor's visits in Delhi?  I know the drugs are cheap so I'm not looking for prescription coverage.

Please advise.  Thanks!

Hi

Welcome to india! Generally bed sizes are 6*6 but you get 6*7  5*7also(both king and queen sizes). matresses depends you can get single also and in double also.

Double Bed cost - 25000INR to 2 lakhs Depends on you.

Not sure abt insurance may be you can contact some agent locally.

You can also consider furnished apartment so that u dont have to bother of all that.

Hi Aslesha, you can have either individual or family health insurance. Initially you can get individual plan and later on switch to family plan as per requirement. Make sure about facilities you can get with such policy like cashless payment of medical bills, medical cover for diagnostic tests, maternity insurance etc.

hi< the minute you open a bank account, you will have insurance guys after you, you just need to be ready to go through all the offers and decide what suits your pocket

have a nice stay