Anyone Living or working at NOIDA?

Hi, Everyone!

Im moving from Mexico to India next September. Im going to attend a 3month course in Noida, Uttar Pradesh and have heard that it is a few kms or miles from New Delhi.

I am looking for new friends just to hang around and exchange culture, and good advices for a girl living in India!!

Thank u in advance

Diana

Hi Diana
Its great that you are coming to India/Noida for doing your 3months course. What is it actually, and which University /College? Noida is just next to Delhi, but it depends, which part of the city you are in. Just contact me if you need some help, I am residing just next to Noida, 15minutes drive.

Regards
Mohd.Talha

Dear Dianna,make an effort to learn more about your new country by stories, books and basic facts about it. Learning their culture and language would also help you know and understand your new environment. You may also find similarities with your host country and your own country which will help your adjustment easier.‘No man is an island', a famous line said. Go out and make friends with your classmates or roommates. Your new friends would help you learn more about your new place and help you feel at ease. Indulging yourself in loneliness would just prolong your adjustment and it is not healthy. Your new friends will help you feel the sense of belongingness that you need. -Keanu:)

Hi Diana, I have been lived in Noida for 2 years and been working there for 3 years now, although I don't reside there anymore, as I moved to Gurgaon a year back with my parents. Let me know if you want to know anything about Noida.

As for good advice, its the same everywhere in the world. Your security depends a lot on your common sense. Avoid travelling alone at night. For a convenient mode of transport take an auto, or a cab or the best option would be the Metro. Avoid taking local buses, they are always overcrowded and not safe for females, especially expats. And if you can't avoid, then only travel on DTC buses, they are comparatively safer.

I started work in Noida this week, so not sure how much help I can provide at the moment. I have noticed that there a lot of power cuts in Noida. If you are planning to stay in Noida backup power is an important consideration.

Travelled into Delhi via Greater Noida road yesterday and there was a lot of traffic congestion even after 9.45am. Is the organisation running the course going to help with finding accommodation and transport?

HI Diana most welcome to india ..

Hi chans007 and welcome to Expat.com too.;)

Harmonie.

Thks everyone's advice and also thanks to say welcome!

keanu, I've been reading as much as I can about the history and geography. It is so very new for me and Im getting very excited about visiting the country...ancient culture,full of knowledge!

Im going to study at Niesbud in sector 62. The arrangements of accomodation are already done, Soon im going to be there to discover everything for the very first time, and then im going to be full of questions, advices and help!

Please...Keep in touch!:)

@ Diplacio,

Drop in a line or two if you need any more info on Noida. Hope you have good time here.

Hola,soy el traductor de espanol mi oficina esta en greater noida.si quieres algun ayuda avisarme

Hi Diana.
still i would suggest try to stay in delhi as noida still not developed what you people are use to abroad yea there are good markets and malls but not in every part of noida. But yes if you get good property good rate you should take it.
Hope you will have a good experience here.

cheers,
Tushar

Mejor lugar a vivir cerca de noida es mayur vihar phase 1 porque hay metro cerca donde puedes ir a connought place solo tarda 20 minutes.

@ Vida

Hola Vida, que preferiría que usted escribe sus comentarios en Inglés aquí si se puede, ya que Ery pocas personas entienden español en la India. Déjame saber lo que usted necesita saber acerca de Noida.

@ Diana

There's no point of staying in Delhi, when you can find good accommodation in Noida close to where you will be studying in Sector 62. All places in Delhi-NCR especially Noida and Gurgaon are more or less equally developed. Travelling from Delhi to Noida is a pain in the morning and evening peak hours unless you are using the Metro. Plus if you stay in Delhi, you will end up paying more for your transportation.

Anyway, if you catch the Metro from Sector 32 in Noida, it takes hardly 30 minutes to reach Connaught Place which is at the heart of Delhi.

Hi Diana,
Welcome. Its great that you are coming to India. I am working in living as well as working in Noida. I work in sector 62, very close to Niesbud. If you need any advice/help in Noida, feel free to reach me at 9560882109. I have lived in Paris for  while so I know how difficult life is for expat. But for you there is just no problem in Noida(if u can speak English). I beleive you will be living in guest house provided by your firm, so its again very easy. Best of Luck. Hope you have great days here.

@ Diana,

Welcome to India...as suggested above,Noida is not better then Delhi...if u feel like u can stay in Delhi...
I am in Noida from past 2 years and u can contact me if you need any kind of help...my personel email id is  : [email protected]

Welcome to India... :)

~Sachin

Hello Sachin!

Don't forget that you may also help on the forum.;)

Harmonie.

Hey Diana,

Good to know you are moving to Noida. I live near your institute only. Would be glad to connect with you. PMB me in case you need any local help.

By the way, What sort of courses you are taking at Niesbud

Ha ha hy guys!
Have you got any call any number and just her answer to you?
It made me so laugh.

Still around?

hey I have stayed at Noida for now almost 10 yrs . if I can be of help let me know. siya

Hi Diana,

Welcome to India. I stay in Sector-62, noida very nearby to NEISBUD. Do mail me , in case of any help or info reqd.

regds
A. Kumar