Do you need T.R.V , AEP or both to work in the Philippines

I applied for a CSR job here in manila in several comp.The good part is that i get called for the interview after submitting my resume,but midway in the interview,they tell me i cant be proceessed further because i dont have a work permit..

I have a temp resident visa which makes me eligible to work and all,and exempts me from getting Alien employment permit....

So where does the problem lie...........

Hi crissone01!

Your message was moved to the Manila forum for better visibility.
I hope you will obtain answers to your query.

Regards
Armand

I have an AEP as well as an ACR I-Card if that helps so if I'm not mistaken you'd need both.

Thanks PD, still talked to a lawyer friend at the Bi, was told that i dO nOt need AEP...Well i guess i will visit the Labour office asap to get it cleared...

how did you get your temporary resident visa? are you married to a Filipina?

pinaymentor

crissone01 wrote:

I applied for a CSR job here in manila in several comp.The good part is that i get called for the interview after submitting my resume,but midway in the interview,they tell me i cant be processed further because i dont have a work permit..

I have a temp resident visa which makes me eligible to work and all,and exempts me from getting Alien employment permit....

hi there, i think the problem here is not really you. But those companies you applied for work. It seems their staffs does not understand the process of obtaining work permit for foreigners. Kindly note also, that for you to be approve for work permit, your salary should not be less than 30thousand pesos.

It's really disappointing that I have seen lots of foreigners complaining about this work permit. These companies who wants to employ foreigners should hire HR staffs that are equipped with knowledge on the rules and regulations in hiring foreign employees.

Hi! May I ask what your nationality is? I'm from the HR team of a BPO (Call Center) company that process work visas for foreign nationals like you. We just hired an employee yesterday that has the same dilemma with her visa. I just thought I might be able to help you out and you might be able to help us out too. We are looking for Hebrew CSR, Polish CSR and Greek CSR who are willing to work in Makati. Do you know Greeks, Polish or Hebrews whom we might be able to convince to work with us? I will really appreciate it if you can give me a reply. Thank you.

ishar18 wrote:
crissone01 wrote:

I applied for a CSR job here in manila in several comp.The good part is that i get called for the interview after submitting my resume,but midway in the interview,they tell me i cant be processed further because i dont have a work permit..

hi there, i think the problem here is not really you. But those companies you applied for work. It seems their staffs does not understand the process of obtaining work permit for foreigners. Kindly note also, that for you to be approve for work permit, your salary should not be less than 30thousand pesos.

It's really disappointing that I have seen lots of foreigners complaining about this work permit. These companies who wants to employ foreigners should hire HR staffs that are equipped with knowledge on the rules and regulations in hiring foreign employees.

this thread is old enough but maybe by sharing my experience, it could help to answer some answers. i also had this before. i applied to one of BPO in Mandaluyong and they said they only hire those who have working visa. technically, how can we have working visas if we are unemployed? once we are unemployed, we MUST downgrade our working visa to be tourist visa and get out from Philippines to secure the downgrading. then return to Philippines with tourist visa. so the problem is not with the applicant. it's with the company who doesn't understand how to hire foreigners. what makes it sadder was, that BPO is a good and big BPO in the phillipines, but the seems lack of knowledge.

I went to DOLE and was told no need to get any work permit. I'm not aware of minimum salary cap of 30k per month. Does it also applies for foreigner with resident visa via marriage?

Hi there, you definitely don't need any employment permit if you are on a TRV. There is also no minimum salary requirement. The company you are applying to doesn't seem to be aware of this info.

Hi,
If you have TRV you will not need AEP.

I have worked on TRV for 4 years.