How much do you pay for domestic help in Makati?

We are hearing that locals (Filipinos) pay anywhere from 2000 PHP to 5000 PHP monthly, whereas Americans (and/or expats) pay closer to 6000 PHP to 15000 PHP.

What do you pay? (we're trying to calibrate our job offers)

Hi Lluks and welcome to Expat.com!

Hope that you'll soon be enlightened.;)

Harmonie.

everyone pay 2,000 piso to 5,000 piso its the normal payed
in philippines if you are in philippines

and its depende of the job you give

your domistic help do everything also baby sitter so its 5000

Depemds on what what her duties and responsibilities: remember nanny is different from a house helper/housekeeper. A nanny provides care and needs of a child (feeding/playing with them/daily routines like take them to bath/and some tutorials and bed time stories..) a candiadate must be at least university graduate and can be paid up to 15,0000. A housekeeper fully concentrated on house work and canot do two things at the same time..unless she is superwoman. Remember a housework is a tiring job, at the end of the day all she need is rest. I advise if you have kids get a  nanny and a housekeeper will cost you around 6,000..cannot hurt your wallet..

My filipino friends pay around 4k per month. But they usually have family who sends over relatives from the provinces.  Expats are more towards 10k and more for a nanny.  A driver is 12-15k.

[Moderated: Please communicate by PM]

newly hired helper/housemaid/nanny ranges from 2000 to 5000 pesos depending on the workload and these are mostly the high school graduates. Those paying 10k-15k are helpers who gained at least college level or a college graduate.  Drivers have different pay...if you are lucky u can get someone who will accept a salary of 5000-7000 but mostly from my circle of friends they are paying 10k.

cradle wrote:

newly hired helper/housemaid/nanny ranges from 2000 to 5000 pesos depending on the workload and these are mostly the high school graduates. Those paying 10k-15k are helpers who gained at least college level or a college graduate.  Drivers have different pay...if you are lucky u can get someone who will accept a salary of 5000-7000 but mostly from my circle of friends they are paying 10k.

That is sad that a college graduate can only get work as a domestic helper.

locals can get low salary domestic helper's it is because they do not need to speak to you in English or other foreign languages, as for foreigner's need to speak to you in English and this means your domestic helper is educated and needs much higher salary and they chose to work for foreigner's it is because they know they can get higher pay.

This is always a problem comparison as i use to go to other country have this the same salary gap problems with any kind of jobs and not just for domestic helpers.

dhnindc wrote:
cradle wrote:

That is sad that a college graduate can only get work as a domestic helper.

yes, indeed it is very sad, but they will rather work as domestic helper with salary of 15k than work in the offices with a minimum wage salary of 11,500 to 12k.

humm, unrealistic figures folks.
Work market is way more complex and competitive.

Php 14,000 plus SSS (social security), from Monday 8 am to Saturday 5 pm. Don't think that level of salary is a matter of language skills or education degree. I think that people with high income can afford to share some of the luck with the people that take care of them.

gedevoto wrote:

Php 14,000 plus SSS (social security), from Monday 8 am to Saturday 5 pm. Don't think that level of salary is a matter of language skills or education degree. I think that people with high income can afford to share some of the luck with the people that take care of them.

Please note that this thread has been inactive since 2012.

Feel free to participate on more recent threads or create a new one to introduce yourself to the Expat community

Regards
Kenjee

@Lluks minimum pay for a domestic helper is 12k to 15 k w free accomodation and food...

@Lluks minimum pay for a domestic helper is 12k to 15 k w free accomodation and food...

-@tequilajordan23

Lluks only posted one time on here,  November of 2012.  Odds are he will not be reading your response.

Closed