Looking for non-english expats for on-call work ( translation & ads )

Hey guys and girls.
I am a norwegian living in Manila.
As an extra source of income i do some translations, and i do some advertising.
I have been asked by my employers to see if i can find other expats who wants to join in.

My first employer is a large multinational Real Estate Administrator, who needs translators from non-english countries. Needless to say, fluent english skills are necessary.
This job include reading rent and leasing contract, and extract important information according to an existing info-template, and enter the info into this template in english. Pretty simple work, and well paid. Work on case-to-case basis, pay 4-6 weeks after contract has been filed. All work is logged and noted.
Working permit not needed, but will entail agency fee(25% inc taxes). If you have working permit - only govt. taxes of 10% :)

The Second opportunity is also on-call basis, with a talent agency for advertising and commercial.
Usually talents will meet with me on sundays, we go to a VTR ( Video Test Recording) and you will later, if the client approve of your part or extras-part, be texted by the agent a few days before shoot. Pay is informed in text before shoot, and paid cash in hand directly after end of shoot. no work permit required.

Both opportunities in Makati CBD.
Please email me at [email protected] with english resumes including pictures.

Best regards
Vidar Halvorsen

Hello Vidar :)

You can also post an advert on the Manila Classifieds Page Category>Jobs.

Regards
Yud :)

I am italian native speaker and I can understand pretty well spanish... u think if i come to manilla I can work for you? my email is [email protected] . pls email me and I'll be back to u with my CV

is this opportunity still active? I am turkish...

well.. i know for a fact they have a turkish.. hes the one who recruited ME .. but i can ask.... havent heard frommy colleague there in a long time... whats your name etc?
Do you by chance know a turkish guy called EMRE, here in manila ?

please send reply to my email, [email protected]

vihalvor wrote:

well.. i know for a fact they have a turkish.. hes the one who recruited ME .. but i can ask.... havent heard frommy colleague there in a long time... whats your name etc?
Do you by chance know a turkish guy called EMRE, here in manila ?

please send reply to my email, [email protected]

yeah I know emre... :-) actually once he posted something for my husband to translate as well. my husband is greek. so I guess this would not work for me :-(

well... i could always check... greek is also interesting...
Let me have both of your full names and ill see if you are registered with my principal :D

yeah, I would appreciate that. well my husband is very busy. that was a void in his time. I do not think he can be able these days. but I am always here. some extra bucks would not hurt.
my full name is aysegul ozden trifyllis

ill check w my principal :)

Hey Azegul .. just got a reply from my principal.. they have noone registered with your name at theirs.. so.. i see no problem regstering you as a translatrwiththem..
Can you please send me your FULL resume at my email : [email protected]

thanks
Vidar

hello, my resume must be in your inbox... I sent it.

Hey vihalvor,
      Is the offer still there?am an african speaking kiswahili and ofcourse english too,am based here in manila,pls hook me up if the offer is open..

swahili.. thats exotic allright :D
ill check with my principal .. IF THEY have a need for swahili, ill contact you within next week.. If not - not :)

-vidar-

Lol,not anymore,thanx.

Hi Vidar,

I'm a Chinese working in Manila and I'm living in Makati area. Do you have any opportunity for Chinese? Thanks in advance!:)

no, sorry ...

Hey Vihalvor,
I'm from Romania and of course my native language is romanian. Over a few months I will graduate college and I was wondering if u need somebody with my skills at your company:)

vihalvor wrote:

Hey guys and girls.
I am a norwegian living in Manila.
As an extra source of income i do some translations, and i do some advertising.
I have been asked by my employers to see if i can find other expats who wants to join in.

My first employer is a large multinational Real Estate Administrator, who needs translators from non-english countries. Needless to say, fluent english skills are necessary.
This job include reading rent and leasing contract, and extract important information according to an existing info-template, and enter the info into this template in english. Pretty simple work, and well paid. Work on case-to-case basis, pay 4-6 weeks after contract has been filed. All work is logged and noted.
Working permit not needed, but will entail agency fee(25% inc taxes). If you have working permit - only govt. taxes of 10% :)

The Second opportunity is also on-call basis, with a talent agency for advertising and commercial.
Usually talents will meet with me on sundays, we go to a VTR ( Video Test Recording) and you will later, if the client approve of your part or extras-part, be texted by the agent a few days before shoot. Pay is informed in text before shoot, and paid cash in hand directly after end of shoot. no work permit required.

Both opportunities in Makati CBD.
Please email me at [email protected] with english resumes including pictures.

Best regards
Vidar Halvorsen

Is this still active, any need for native Finnish?
I might have some spare time.

perrrkele... :P .. nah.. unfortunately i cant advice you this anymore.. the company changed their payment policy, its just too much hassle for the money...
however..check IBM if you dont have a full time job.. ibm, accenture . there are other BPOs that offers position where finnish are a requirement .. just remember.. as finish only have ONE related language in the world ( hungarian ) its a SUPER exotic language, and you should be paid accordingly.. at LEAST 80k month....

All right, thanks for the tip.

I don't actually need a job already lot of businesses on-going, but I have done some translations before just for fun :)

forgot the other opportunity.. signing up as a talent for comercials is always open..
my boss' company, Rainbow Talents, are always looking for good people ... i you want to check it out, send me your CV along with a portrait photo, and ill send it over to him.. youll then either be contacted directly by him, or in a week or 4, be asked to come to a general Video Test recording...
note .. we NEVER charge you for anything.... but we also dont pay for castings.. we pay, same day, when on commercials( unless SPECIFICALLY stated othervize) ..

ok .. so youre already doing business.. you might want to check out INTERNATIONS, a "club" of expats.. always good to network.. :D
internations.com i think... ( or just google international manila )

vihalvor wrote:

forgot the other opportunity.. signing up as a talent for comercials is always open..
my boss' company, Rainbow Talents, are always looking for good people ... i you want to check it out, send me your CV along with a portrait photo, and ill send it over to him.. youll then either be contacted directly by him, or in a week or 4, be asked to come to a general Video Test recording...
note .. we NEVER charge you for anything.... but we also dont pay for castings.. we pay, same day, when on commercials( unless SPECIFICALLY stated othervize) ..

All right, thanks that sounds interesting.

cool .. just send me your cv and portrait pic on [email protected] ...
if youre up for a coffee and have nothing else to do, AND are in makati.. send me a line.. im pretty bored these days.. hehehe

vihalvor wrote:

cool .. just send me your cv and portrait pic on [email protected] ...
if youre up for a coffee and have nothing else to do, AND are in makati.. send me a line.. im pretty bored these days.. hehehe

All right, I'll try to scrape something up in few days.
I'm here in Las Pinas area, but sure if I happen to be in that direction it would be nice to meet up, it's always good to chat with new people.

Hey vihalvor & Petrih,

Will meet u both at internations event on saturday (9th june).. :cool::cheers:
Ratz

Ratheesh Ram wrote:

Hey vihalvor & Petrih,

Will meet u both at internations event on saturday (9th june).. :cool::cheers:
Ratz

Tomorrow? Too bad my schedule is already tide up, need to go to the province.

ok no probz,

pm me after u back here.. tak care dude.. :cool:

same here.. my saturdays have  a nasty tendency to get filled up with all the stuff i *DONT want to do.. internations NOT being part of those ...:P

haha lol :D

same here also dude.. weekends are busy than weekdays now.. :cool::cheers:
Ratz

vihalvor wrote:

same here.. my saturdays have  a nasty tendency to get filled up with all the stuff i *DONT want to do.. internations NOT being part of those ...:P

Hello Sir Vidar,

See you tomorrow, June 8 - 9amto12nn. 'glad to know that you are also part of https://www.expat.com site... :)

Thanks

:)

good afternoon, is the offer still available? im russian native speaker with fluent english

sry. no more

ok, thx anyway

Hello is the talent for commercials still open? :D

@IchbinDaisy- Hi we are in need of 2 Chinese speakers Asap! Pm me your resume and Il send you our office address. Its a 1 day process and maybe you can start the orientation right away.

@Serge2- We will be needing Russian soon,but I will talk to the management if there are still available and keep you posted.

Regards,
JP

Re: Looking for non-english expats for on-call work ( translation & ads )

Hi Vidar,

I'm a Chinese working in Manila and I'm living in Makati area. Do you have any opportunity for Chinese? Thanks in advance!smile

unfortunateely i dont ....
best luck in your searches