Child care in Hiroshima

Hi,

when settling in a new country, working parents are mostly concerned about finding child care services for their children.

What can you share with us about the child care system in Hiroshima ?

How much is daycare in Hiroshima?

Is the staff qualified at these daycare centers?

What are the usual opening hours?

Do they provide other services at the daycare center?

Any daycare center in Hiroshima you would like to recommend to other expats? What makes them special?

Thank you for participating! :)

Sorry for replying so late. Actually i just checked it out. I live in Hiroshima City (Hiroshima-shi). The City is divided into many wards (eg. Minami Ward aka Minami-Ku, Naka Ward aka Naka-Ku and so on.) Depending on which Ward u live in u have a designated Ward Office (KIYAKSHU). The Ward Office will help u apply for a government day-care center for your child (In Japanese: HOI-KOEN). The government HOI-KOEN will charge u according to your salary. I am a student so my income is zero so i will need to pay 300 YEN per month for my 1 year old child. And also the milk of the child is included in the 300 YEN. Timing is strict though. From 8 AM till 6 PM. If u exceed 6 PM then 600 YEN per extra hour till 8PM.

My child was born in Hiroshima but in May. In April Japanese have the new session, be it university, school or HOI-KOEN. So if we cannot apply before April then chances r we fall in a waiting list that might take upto the next year April. Same thing happened with me. I had to wait till April of next year to get my kid a spot. Till then my baby was in a private day care center. It varies from 25,000 to a stagering 100,000 depending on the size, quality and no. of attendants per child of the HOI-KOEN.

Regarding them being efficient enough to take care. I'll keep it short - AMAZING !!!!!!!