Jakarta: arriving first time

hello friends,
i am arriving at jakarta on 24th March night at abt 10 pm and i am staying at Hotel IBIS TAMARIN in jakarta Pusat.
Can someone help me in understanding what is the best and convenient way to reach to hotel other than taxi and if i come by taxi , then it will cost approx how much?
regards
tanweer

You can use Damri with destination Airport - Gambir or Airport - Blok M
The price of ticket is IDR20,000 or around USD2
But the bus will stop at the pool, can't just stop in the middle of the destination
After you reach the pool, continues with taxi to your hotel

If you use Blue Bird (recommended) may be you pay for IDR120,000 or around USD13 but depend with traffic
And you can use Express, may be you pay for IDR90,000 or around USD9
Exclude the highway tickets

My recommendation use the taxi-- use blue bird (its a brand with cars colored in blue).
At around 10 pm -- the fare will not go beyond 120,000 which is $13 dollars. If you have difficulty in negotiating rates and they ask you more-- simply walk to Departure hall which is above arrival(use stairs or lift)and take taxi.
All taxis are equipped with meters. Toll is excluded from the fare which is standard of 12000 rupiah ( $1.3) dollars.

For your reference
$1 dollar equals 9000 rupiah( Indonesian local currency)
1 INR equals 189 rupiah( average out conversion)

cheers

thanks a lot

someoneilike wrote:

You can use Damri with destination Airport - Gambir or Airport - Blok M
The price of ticket is IDR20,000 or around USD2
But the bus will stop at the pool, can't just stop in the middle of the destination
After you reach the pool, continues with taxi to your hotel

If you use Blue Bird (recommended) may be you pay for IDR120,000 or around USD13 but depend with traffic
And you can use Express, may be you pay for IDR90,000 or around USD9
Exclude the highway tickets

thanks a lot, i arrived at hotel with your help.

rcraj wrote:

My recommendation use the taxi-- use blue bird (its a brand with cars colored in blue).
At around 10 pm -- the fare will not go beyond 120,000 which is $13 dollars. If you have difficulty in negotiating rates and they ask you more-- simply walk to Departure hall which is above arrival(use stairs or lift)and take taxi.
All taxis are equipped with meters. Toll is excluded from the fare which is standard of 12000 rupiah ( $1.3) dollars.

For your reference
$1 dollar equals 9000 rupiah( Indonesian local currency)
1 INR equals 189 rupiah( average out conversion)

cheers

[Moderated: no free ads pls]