Are Electronic Bikes (like those in Beijing) allowed in Jakarta?

I was recently in Beijing and saw many motorbikes vehicles which are actually electronic bikes. The battery life can last about 2-3 days or 60km of travelling at the speed of up to 60km/hour.
Am thinking of getting one in Jakarta.....

I've seen quite a few and I understand they are treated as pushbikes so no regulations.
Of course, I could be wrong.

thanks Mas Fred
pushbikes - means no licence required even though it looks and run like a motorbike? :D

I think you should be fine with that kind of bike (no need to have a license). Ive seen many Indonesians make their own modified bikes, motorbikes, motor-becak, etc. And they don't seem to have any problem with that.
But, just so you know, the best of my knowledge, you dont need a license (SIM) if your vehicle's speed is under 35km/hour. I once read online news about the electronic bike, I remember the chief of Transportation Department in Jakarta, Nurachman, stated that even electronic motor belonged to electronic bicycle category, not a motor vehicle, so you dont even need license plate document for that.   
Though, if you take a look at the license law, there should be SIM type D for this kind of vehicle. However, the D SIM hasn't been done effectively so far in Indonesia.

wow. thanks!

Carol, do you know where to get one of those in Jkt? I think its still kinda rare. Unlike in China, you can see them everywhere.

not sure as well but i see some at blok m square :D

CarolMae wrote:

not sure as well but i see some at blok m square :D

Cool, tell me abt it (price, brand etc) when you have it :D

Number of e-bike sellers in Jakarta area. I bough one e-bike from Suzhou China and bring it here, and custom was asking motorbike related custom tax around 700 USD. Price what I spend to buy the bike in Suzhou China was only 500 USD. However my moving company took the hit, since they said in advance no such taxes exists! :)

Are these mopeds?

Ace hardware sell them.
A good google will probably find you more retailers.