LIVING IN LIBIA

Hi everyone,

I have received an employment offer to be expatriated in Libia. Salary is high plus accommodation, utilities, car and other benefits.

My question is the following, the expatriation must be at least 3 years. I am 33 years old and I am single.

Do you think its a good destination Libia???  will not be bored for a single person??

Any experience what social activities could I do in Libia???

Regards

Carlso

carloslopez10 wrote:

Hi everyone,

I have received an employment offer to be expatriated in Libia. Salary is high plus accommodation, utilities, car and other benefits.

My question is the following, the expatriation must be at least 3 years. I am 33 years old and I am single.

Do you think its a good destination Libia???  will not be bored for a single person??

Regards

Carlso

Libya is what you make of it my friend, people lovely, food great, just about everything cheap. But the social side of things is all about the ex-pat community. Very few single ex-pat women that I know of, so expect to be single AND frustrated for the next 3 years :) . Have a good search of this forum and you will find info on all the ex-pat societies etc. I love working with my Libyan colleagues, they are generous, kind and friendly (not always to each other I might add). You can always hop on a cheap flight to Malta for the weekends if you are in search of a party etc, or you can hook up with some other ex-pats and join in the social scene when you are here. My wife joins me next month (Inshalla) I have been here 3 months, but have made many friends over here since arriving, both ex-pat and Libyan. Good luck whatever you do.

carloslopez10 wrote:

Hi everyone,

Regards

Carlso

You thought of taking an assignment to Jakarta?