Veg or India Food at Sirte, Libya

Hello Friends,

Greeting of the Day to you all.

Can any one please let me know about availability of veg. food or Indian food at sirte in libya?

My one of friend is going to join AL Khalij 4 X 350 MW Power Plant  in sirte, libya. So can any one please suggest it?

Thanking you all.

Regards,
Neha

Hello Neha,
This is Sarang Gandhi. I am working in Benghazi,Libya.For Indian Food there are no particular indian Restaurants in all Libya.and for Veg. people you can only find Pizza or salads if you want to eat outside.

For Vegetables Generally many Vegetables are available here easily and Very Good variety of Fruits.and many indian Lentils like Masoor dal,Chana dal, Rajma is easily available in any Grocery shops.

I hope it will be Helpfull information for you.

Take Care..Have a Good time in Libya.

Regards,
Sarang Gandhi

Thank you very much for your support..

can you please inform me how much tax applied on salary....

thanx

Dear,

I am sorry but i really don't have idea of this tax system here as it is taken care by my company here.and in any ways Libya is not very much expensive and you can fair enough amount.Just make sure your accommodation and cars are provided by the company.

Regards,
Sarang

Dear,

Accommodation, Food everything will be provided by the company but the thing is about tax and food. Company will pay the food expense but food must be available over there. And company will not take care about the tax.

Thank you.

Regards,
Neha

Don't worry you will not starve, food is not an issue here you get all sorts of cuisines here. Just be prepared to spend from your pocket rather than saving the money the company gives you for food. I know people here who come from India and go in this deep money saving mode to send back home in India.

Dear Gernademan,

Thank you for your valuable reply.

Money will not be problem. Company will pay. But I am looking for indian veg. food Like indian bread (Indian Roti). I think brown bread will be available right?

Do you have any idea about the tax over there? And money transfer charges?

Thank you.

Regards,
Neha

Dear Neha,

I am confused about who is coming to libya. is he a bachelor or coming with family?? and As i said you in my first reply. Food will not be a Problem if you are vegetarian and can cook for yourself. and here many kinds of Bread are available and if you lucky enough you can may be find even wheat flour there.and for Tax it is generally around 10- 12 % but again depends on how much you are earning and how your company is paying you. and it will be better if you can negotiate your salary with money transfer from your company.

Have a Good life in Libya..

Take care..

Thanks & Regards,
Sarang Gandhi

Dear Sarang,

Thank you....

My friend is coming to libya. He is bachelor. Coming alone there. Problem is, he can not cook and cook will be available there in company's canteen.

If bread are available then i think he will be fine with it.

And Salary will be paid in US Dollar.

Regards,
Neha

Dear Neha,

If Cook is available in company i hope they have other indian's too and he has learn to manage his food from whatever is available in canteen as he is Vegetarian. and also ask him to learn to eat together with other non-vegetarian people.and Bread will not be a problem for sure.as he is going to work in a different culture so he has to manage some things for sure. There were many Indian working in Libya in past before revolution and even now there are many Indian's here and many of company people are aware of Indian food system.and i hope he will get company of some Indians in same company.

If company is going to pay him in Cash then he can directly transfer through western Union and i think there are only charges of money transfer in this case.and if company willing to transfer directly to his account then taxes must be mentioned in his working contract.

Regards,
Sarang Gandhi.

Dear Sarang,

Thank you his query of food is really clear now. Actually no other Indians are in his company yet because his company has just started them project in libya. And only Korean employees are there now. Other Indian will join but after some time.

Salary will be directly transfer to his account. But he should  transfer money to India.

Have a nice day.

Regards,
Neha

Dear Neha,

Is he going to Join Daewoo E & C. or any other company??

Regards,
Sarang Gandhi

Dear,

Not Daewoo but he is going to join Doosan Heavy Industries in Al khalij Power Plant.

Thank you.

Regards,
Neha

Money will not be problem. Company will pay. But I am looking for indian veg. food Like indian bread (Indian Roti). I think brown bread will be available right?

Dear Neha Mam,

I am in tripoli since last 1 year. But I never had problem with food here since I cook at home. I am vegetarian as well. Your friend can find wheat flour in the grocery shop for making roti.
Also there is an indian restaurant in Tripoli named Safir.
All types of vegetables & fruits are available here in libya.
But if your friend is thinking of being dependent on outside food, he will surely be disappointed since most of the fast food are non veg.

Have a nice day.

Dear Vishal,

This Guy is going to live in sirth and situation is very different in sirth then tripoli. in fact all the big cities are quite far internally in Libya and have their own traditions and life style.
the indian restaurant you talking about is may be the only indian restaurant in all libya.

Dear Neha,

In sirte there is agriculture university and there are some indians working in that university and also in sirth there is hospital named Ibn Sina and there was one indian guy working there.I dont know this guy in hospital is still working there or not.
and i don't have any contact details also from any other indian in sirth. but once your friend is in sirth may be he can visit this places and find out some indians there.

Thanks & Regards,
Sarang Gandhi

Hello > some off topic posts have been removed.

Thank you.

Hi Neha,

You can get all the Indian/Pakistan stuff and masalas from Medina Tripoli. There are particular shops for this purpose who even import Basmati rice.
:)

neha goswami wrote:

Hello Friends,

Greeting of the Day to you all.

Can any one please let me know about availability of veg. food or Indian food at sirte in libya?

My one of friend is going to join AL Khalij 4 X 350 MW Power Plant  in sirte, libya. So can any one please suggest it?

Thanking you all.

Regards,
Neha

Hi Neha,

hope you are well..
and how is your friend in Sirte..? working in BUKHARIYA power plant..? I went there in 2013 jan/feb..
I think,  only one unit is working... not all four units working.. is it ?
if he is still in sirte, hope by this time he had adjusted very well..

here in sirte there is street named sawava.... and Shara KHAMSA...., there are some restaurants which serve rice and (MATAMA HIGH TEE, matam Akakus..al Shira..,) batata,, and TAMIYA sandwich, this is vada like thing they serve it with bread (KUBZA) SHAMIYA  or the just tamiya alone..

or
just PIZZA KHUDRA...(Khudra = VEG)
there is a shop named NO-2... where we get wheat floor(not only maida ...) I prepare myself...everything in my home...

by the way how he is calling you..? using which calling card..? software..? VOIP..?
give his number either madar or libyana... or facebook...

lrcsirte.....!