Need Your Help.. Urgent !!!

Hi All,

I'm an Indian, living in Delhi with Family as an Oracle Consultant with IBM, I got a job offer with Wipro Arabia for Riyadh location and they are paying 13500 SR per month which includes all allowances, means I have to manage my own accommodation, food, transportation. Rest 1 month paid leave, air tickets for family, medical insurance for family. All is covered by company. I can take my wife after 2-3 months that's what HR has told me according to the process.

I have to join in 2 weeks so its kind of urgent to figure out all of it.

What I need to know is : Is it a good package deal?, Is the salary enough for a couple to maintain a good living in Riyadh, Is it a good decision to bring my wife from India and keep her in Riyadh. What I have heard is there is there are not much North Indians and also women cant do much alone.
Is this salary worth all the sacrifices we might have to make if we move there.

Will really appreciate and sincere and genuine suggestions from you guys.. Thanks :)

Depends on how many years of experience you have, and what kind of life style you want to maintain, also the salary seems to be on the lower side if it includes accommodation, as that will take out a major chunk of it.

Good luck

I got 4 years of experience in oracle hrms. I heard a normal 1 bhk wont cost above 1500sr.

No reply guys...???... I was hoping to get a few genuine suggestions and recommendations.

The salary is less than market. You should get at least 17-18 K / month.

Thanks master791.. I think Indians are paid less as what I have heard may be that's why they are paying less then Saudi's standards.

Of course you can bargain, but sometimes it will delay you for few months if you are lucky. I have a friend also from India, he ask more and the company get back to him after 4-6 months. (if they need you)

I agree with goodvamp, if you have time on your sleeve and if you feel that you demand more than what you have been given, just go ahead with the negotiations !! But do remember, if you solely gonna depend on it then the time taken can be frustrating, I have seen certain cases where they have finally dropped the offer also.

So think before you tread.

Good luck :)

@sharay 4 years experience and you want to stick to that package? how about the duration of the ontract 1 or 2 years? as once you accept the contract you cannot negotiate for further hike. BUt as i suggest you, please negotiate for the max before accepting the offer. Mostly asians are paid less but not in every company. It only depends on the HR how he convience the guys to accept the offer. May be some other indian guy with 4 years would be paid 15-17 upon his negotiation. This happened in my company for some guys who joined in same year with same experience.
For cost of housing depends on 1BHK or 2BHK or 3 with location. As most of the indian community is in HARA and 1BHK will be around 10-15K, 2BHK 15-25K, 3BHK 25-35 K per year. for single person 1000-1500 for food and married couple 1500-2000 per month. Just come estimated amount.

Hi Suribhai.. Thanks for your reply.. I got offer from Indian company only that's Wipro and they are sending on a long term project in Riyadh so making me perm emp of Wipro Arabia. They are not ready to negotiate further. Their final offer is 13.5K. I was just wondering is it a good salary to start with or im being underpaid.

Dear Shraynarula,

If you have experience of less than 5 years then it is good pay. Particularly when they are sponsoring your visa and you are not a local candidate already in Saudi Arabia.

Even with 5-8 years of experience it is not bad either. 8+ years start to make it lesser.

They key for you should be compare how much you are saving in current job and how much you could save in this proposed one.

My 2 cents...

Khurram.

Thanks Khurram for your reply. Indians definitely save money in Middle east because of the currency if converted to INR. What Im confused about is how much SR I'll be able to save if I come there with my wife and maintain a good lifestyle.

Hi, Shraynarula its depend on your leaving standard how much you will save, but i can give you general over view of leaving expenses here.

Flat: 1500 to 2000 sr 1 BHK

Leaving expenses: 2000 sr like grocery

Transportation 30 days: 500 to 1000 sr if your using cab other wise if you have own car not more then 250 sr for petrol

Mirza

Dear Brother

Salary is neither very good nor bad, just depends what kind of living you are looking for. if you have small family mean 02 ppl only then this salary is fair enough for you because schooling is a big expense in KSA.

you can get small apartment in 2000 to 2500 per month, rest all the necessities are not that expansive.

wish you good luck and welcome you to KSA

regards

Dera Friend
you are lucky to get this salary and live in Saudi Arabi is confortable and second you can get your family with medical insurance you arelucky again say to you.
Reagrds

If you are earning 1 lakh Indian rupee, it waste of taking even if it is 13,500 riyal, which very big amount, but you will loose a lot, once you are left India, wen u go back after 5-10 years you will be stranger in your own country, I left 21 years back, and there were very little opportunities in india.  Further Riyadh is one of the dry place in Saudi Arabia,  not like Jeddah and dammam.   I strongly recommend not to accept any job abroad by leaving India.

Mustafa

Hi there

I wish you best of luck in your move to Riyadh. I'm surprised accommodation isn't sorted for you rent wise! As for furniture it's very accessible to do so within days. Cost depends on where you will shop. If kids are on school then perhaps you need to find compounds that have buses for then to commute back and forth.
If not considering a compound, I would suggest a place beside your kids school/ work to make one trip easier in spacious Riyadh.
I am leaving Rouadh on an exit and have beautiful full furniture two floors flat that is spacious, clean, and v safe near exit2 Nakheel district. It's rare that electricity and water have any power off given many palaces are in the area. i wished to have a chance when I arrived here to buy things off a clean condition but wasn't lucky and had to buy from scratch.
I'm a british citizen and my home is 3 bedrooms, kitchen, living room, spacious another loving room, laundry room with toilet( used for cleaners/helpers sometimes) and 4 toilets with two bathtubs. The rent for it is 60 thousands but it's huge for the price given that I went through nearly all compind matchbox sized accommodations! Split unit AC is there and kitchen installed soni didnt buy these. Furniture hosted me 80 thousand amazing quality( & no one advised me where to go for cheaper cost!!:() I'm willing to leave everything as is for you and family for half price only. Wish I can help more!! I can leave here the number of office I dealt with for you to arrange renting after mid August!! That would be a lucky family deal:)
Let me know only if you are respectful and serious as I'm spent time here to help!
Sam

lucidity 327, can you kindly wapp me few pics of your home and furniture I would like to buy your home and items

regards/Akhter

Alright Man15.
To rent you will need to contact the office (Mr Abo Yusuf). I can provide their number for you no worries.
I couldn't attach to this reply and pictures!  If you use whatsapp perhaps it will expedite the process.

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please avoid posting your contact details on the forum.Use private messaging

Thanks guys for the suggestions.. Appreciate it :)

Can you please tell me for which company you will work here.i think you will work with samba bank.

Can you please tell me your total experience you have and your CTC in India.

I roshanquershi,

I have total exp of 4.7 yrs and current CTC is 7 LPA in India.

Not sure if u have accepted the offer ? That salary is nothing much to tlak abt....abt 18K salary is where moving here wud make some sense..... also ur wife wud not have any opportunity to work here and the life can get pretty dull... I hope u wud get better onsite opportunities...

any more suggestions guys ?? I have to join in a week.

Hi All, What will be the cost of living in Jeddah with family of one kid of 2 years. Will it be same as Mr. Mirza told for Riyadh or different? I also have a job offer of SAR16100/- all inclusive, but I am already earning good money here in india with 9 years of experience.  They are just paying me double of my current in hand salary in India.  Further, will it be possible for my wife to work there. She is MBA in healthcare management?. Plz answer. I already accepted the offer.

Regards

Gulfam

dont take this offer bro.. i have 4 years exp and i got 13.5k Riyal offer and you have 9 yrs so your salary in SAR should be near 20k.

I negotiated a lot but they are not giving. This package exclude yearly bonus of on average 2 to 3 salary.

They are also giving reimbursement of two children education up to 25000 SR per year plus CAR loan.

I am  a pharma professional. What is ur profession.

Regards

Iftikhar Ahsan

These are all additional perks and allowances which many company gives these days because you are leaving your home country and moving their. I also negotiated a lot but they did not go beyond that, that's why I declined the offer. Because I checked with a lot of people and they said your salary should be atleast 16-17K riyal per month.

I'm working in IT as an Oracle Consultant. I think for your case salary should be High. But its just that Indians are paid less in Middle east.

Your salary was not bad 13500.means more than 2l pm.i am java developer 8 years 9f experience getting 11300 sar.

Very confusing guys. on top of that we can not change job within KSA.

Thanks Shray