SAR 16000 is good???

Dear All,

I have recently got job offer from alfanar in Riyadh with Basic salary SAR 16000+Insurance (A)+ accommodation(Or four basic) +CAR (upto SAR130000)or allowance

Want to check if it is a good offer, i am planning to stay alone as of now however they are giving family status, will move my family next year(wife& daughter 7 years).

i want to have fully furnished accommodation and normal life no extravaganza, my salary in india is INR 1.2 lacs/month
Please advise will it be beneficial to move there and how much saving I can do on monthly basis.

Also want to know about working culture in Alfanar
Thanks & Best Regards
Rohit

Hello Rohit and welcome on board

To have an idea yourself about your salary vs living expenses in Riyadh, please browse through thread talking about same : Cost of Living in Riyadh

Regards
Kenjee

Rohit with your basic it seemed bad deal but then I read your accommodation is another 64K which adds up total to abt 21K pm.

This is I would say something like ok to start with ...rest depends on ur length of work experience etc.  But hikes here happen on contract renewal only and are not great..

Dear Rohit,

Your saving totally depend on the lifestyle you wish to live. I know that there are cleaning staff working in Saudi for even SAR300/month, yes SAR300/month (plus they are given shared accommodation like 3 people in one room and transport). So people can even survive with that also in a foreign country.

First thing you should check is can you live outside a compound. There are lots of South Asians living outside compounds, like myself. Then without taking the accommodation provided by the company you can get this in cash. You should be able to buy a decent place outside for about SAR3000 a month. If you want to stay in a compound then tell your company arrange accommodation.

The next big you should decide is are you okay to put your child to the Indian school or you want to put your child to another private school. If you are okay in putting her to the Indian school then your cost will be less.

If you are fine to live off-compound and put your child to the Indian school from your SAR21,000 salary (including accommodation), you can save about SAR15,000 a month.

Regards,

Dear Savank,

Thanks for your reponse, can you give me idea how much a fully furnished studio apartement on single occupancy cosy in Riyadh.

Regards

rohitmishra1982 wrote:

Dear Savank,

Thanks for your reponse, can you give me idea how much a fully furnished studio apartement on single occupancy cosy in Riyadh.

Regards

Brother....Your package is really good...Don't get me wrong...

We Indians rarely stay at Western compounds....

You'll get a 1bhk for max SR 12k/year...2bhk from 20k upwards as per area....

In India is your take home 120,000? Still you\re making enough here I reckon...

Go to www.numbeo.com and see what's the cost of living in Riyadh...They show 8k including all extravaganzas...Once you go through it you'll have an idea of how much you would be spending in a month as a bachelor and then later on as a family..

Visit www.expatriates.com to get an idea on flats for rent in Riyadh across various areas...And who knows you may end up renting one of those seen on the website...

Hope it helps...

Dear Rohit, u have a decent salary back in India. The salary what u mentioned in Saudi is a good one. Ur accommodation allowance is pretty good. If u are looking for a tax free savings for ur life then it's good to move in. I have heard People live with just 2-3 thousands, the middle class ones. They are happy to save whatever tax free that could. Paid vacation, almost no cost petrol, return air fare to home, medical insurance all such would keep u happy. Ofcourse u need to ignore the attitude of few people, that's it.

Dear All,

Thanks to all of you for your valuable and helpful feedback, see yopu all in saudi!!!!

Cheers

It really depends on what your job is. That should seem obvious.

as one commenter said above if you will not be staying in compound and if you are not going to admit your daughter in a british or american school you can save a lot. a two bedroom apartment in a indian neighbourhood like hara or malaz will cost you around 2000-2500sr max. school fees will be another 1000sr. your food and other expenses  around 2000sr. so comfortably you can save sr 14000-15000 per month. i would not suggest a studio apartment since it wont make a big difference. but if you insist it should cost you some where around 1000sr per month.

I heard today that they are thinking of increasing the cost of gasoline for foreigners at some point. I think they will eventually add some foreign worker tax in the end to allow down the money loss from the cheap oil. But it's just my opinion.

if getting 1.2 lakhs in india stay there only, you can save a lot no doubt in saudi arabia, but you will regret once you spend 5-10-15 years outside india, when you go back you will be stranger in your own mother land.  i am staying in saudi arabia for 25 years now, but back in my time, there were no opportunities like today in india, otherwise i would have not left my mother land.  think 100 times before leaving india.  now i am stranger in my own mother land,  people see me as i am outsider, when i go on vacation to india.

mustafa

jeddah johnny wrote:

That is over $50.000 US a year with no taxes. I would have to make about $80,000 in the US to match that when the government takes almost $20.000 in taxes, and at least 10.000 for housing. If you can do better in India then you are doing very well.

Yea, I just checked the INR against Saudi, OP is currently making 7K vs 16K being offered.

You seem like you want to boast about your new salary. Congratulations.

Only one day expense. you will cry and weep on this salary. Don't come

lightrose92 wrote:

care to clarify more as to why this guy will cry and weep ?

This salary is fair enough, thinking that you will take this home without  any deduction. remember that there is no tax here in Saudi Arabia, so whatever amount they offer is what you will get.

You said that they will also give you a housing and car allowance???really..??

go grab the offer..haha..

But you must also consider the culture from your country to Saudi Arabia. This is the biggest challenge here. Some suffer from Culture Shock. But you will get into it after a matter of time. You said you will also bring your family. You must also consider their situation. Who will stay with them when you go to work? Are they going to be comfortable living here?

But since you already have a decent salary in India, I advice you to just stay from your country. Live with your family peacefully there.

lightrose92 wrote:

Guess I can see a bit of sadism in here somewhere  :lol:

rohitmishra1982 wrote:

Dear All,

I have recently got job offer from alfanar in Riyadh with Basic salary SAR 16000+Insurance (A)+ accommodation(Or four basic) +CAR (upto SAR130000)or allowance

Want to check if it is a good offer, i am planning to stay alone as of now however they are giving family status, will move my family next year(wife& daughter 7 years).

i want to have fully furnished accommodation and normal life no extravaganza, my salary in india is INR 1.2 lacs/month
Please advise will it be beneficial to move there and how much saving I can do on monthly basis.

Also want to know about working culture in Alfanar
Thanks & Best Regards
Rohit

Rohit....If you're sure you're getting 21k per month then its 3x your salary at home and I assume your savings is less there...

The only thing you gotta ponder is this - Stay back home, go home whenever you want, be with family, friends & relatives and have less or no savings due to increasing costs...

Else come here, adjust a little bit to the culture and surroundings, live with your family, forget home, friends, surroundings etc and save a lot of cash and enjoy it here....

If you're a homesick guy, don't come cause it'll be tough to adjust maybe...else as the saying goes...Take a leap of faith...Stay for 2-3 years, make money and you can always go back...

Lemme tell you....There are only a handful few who have gone back after making the amount of money that you earn...so come... :D

HI All,

have reached Riyadh and spent almost 3 months here the place is good and saving alot  ;)
but yes missing my family hope to get them here soon in near future.

Thanks
Rohit

Rohit ,

I hope you enjoy Riyadh , IT is good place to stay & enjoy all family life. Alfanar is very good company as we know from our friends. You can get good accodomodation & all kind of food here  easily , Indian everything you can get here very easyly, Yes you will miss your family, You can visit India each quarter once & you can bring your family here also.

@S. Choudhury

Hello and welcome !

Thank you for your feedback.

Please note that Rohit's post is from 2015. He must be settled by now. He hasn't looged to the website for the past 7 years.

Feel free to participate on recent threads of the Riyadh forum for better interaction with members.

All the best

Bhavna