Reciprocity

I want to transfer my pharmacist license to Ecuador to work in a hospital there.
1.  need emails for HR at hospitals in any city
2.  need to know how to transfer license
3.  need to know how to obtain job listings for ex-pats.

thanks,

Do you know enough Spanish -- including Spanish medical terminology -- to assist Spanish-language-only patients...

cccmedia in Quito

taking lessons now; will be able by the time we decide to move.

do you have some advice for us?

Ecuador's longtime president, Rafael Correa, has been proactively attempting to bring native Ecuadorians who have left this country for the U.S. and elsewhere...back to Ecuador.

An example of this is the exclusion allowing these Ecuadorians to import a car back to Ecuador without penalty.

In particular, the Administration has been luring thousands of skilled Ecuadorian professionals back to EC to work in the government's IESS hospital system.

Also, it is the Correa Administration's stance that available jobs in all fields should go to Ecuadorians and not foreign nationals, whenever possible.

Given the government's position, you may be at a severe disadvantage coming here to seek employment in your field without strong Spanish-language skills and fluency in Spanish medical terminology.

The Correa Administration has been open to U.S. Expats (or other Gringos) moving here to retire, provided they have a reliable pension-type income or are willing to invest $25,000.

However, in order to apply for and obtain a professional-class visa allowing you to remain in Ecuador as a working pharmacist, you would need an offer from an employer in Ecuador in the form of an official employment contract.

The official EC government website for visa application information, with English option, is cancilleria.gob.ec ...

The next medical professional or pharmacist I encounter in Ecuador who is a Gringo will be the first.

cccmedia in Quito
(visitor to Quito, 2001-2010..."jubilado" in Quito, 2012-present...EC investment-visa holder since February 2013)

thanks for the info

just curious, how is it that you know so much about the system?

I am a retired ex-journalist who has followed the news especially via Internet, including this blog, during his first couple of years living in Ecuador. 

cccmedia in Quito

Would you just happen to know an attorney in Dallas that could help us get there?

Dallas, no.

But if you want to email an expert about whether it's possible to transfer a pharmacy license to Ecuador, or seek some type of permanent visa, you may contact my Quito immigration attorney:

Sebastian Cordero,  [email protected]

cccmedia in Quito

Thanks