Religous tolerance and lifestyle in Newzealand - Moving tips.

Hello all NZ people,
I am in a process of applying a permanent residency for NZ under skilled migrant level (Along with my wife and a 3 year old son). I am currently living and working in Oman since 2006. I am an Engineer by profession and working in oil and gas sector of Oman (My base nationality is Pakistan).

I would like to ask a few questions here if anyone of you is kind enough to answer.

1-  What is the ratio of Muslims in NZ. Are there considerable mosques / related places.

2-  I have learnt many good things about NZ. I hope there ain't any racism issue out there.

3-  What are the possible job opportunities in NZ and an approximate cost of living (In general).

4-  Not being specific, but are there any Pakistanis, living in NZ ? or incase any specific area, where the Asian community is located.

I'd highly appreciate if someone can come up with the above replies. This will really help me to decide the final steps further ahead.

Regards,
Shabbir.

1. There are mosques in NZ. An online search will find them. No idea about numbers of Muslims in NZ 

2. Great country to live in.

3. Cost of living can be high especially in Auckland for rentals. www.numbeo.com  for jobs www.seek.co.nz

4. A Google search will find Pakistani communities or clubs in NZ