South Africa to New Zealand

I have never been on this site and just wanted to start chatting to some South African's about the big move to New Zealand.  We have never even been on holiday to New Zealand and are currently in the process of getting all our documents together and should be moving in August of the year to Auckland.

I am sure I will have a hundred questions for you all - but hoping to chat to a few people who have moved and settled down. This is the biggest thing I have ever done in my life, especially considering I have a 1 year old baby and we will know no one and nothing when we get there.

Hello Kimmitee.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

If you have questions, do not hesitate to ask them.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Thanks so much.  Just want to check which is the best site or company to look at house rentals?

Hi
I am a NZ licenced Immigration Adviser and I strongly suggest you get yoru cv's assessed for eligibiltiy to migrate to New Zealand before you committ to the big move.  Lots of peopel do not get accurate advice and come here to find they are not eligible to migrate permanently.  Most (but not all) people require the offer of skilled employment

Hi
I am a NZ licenced Immigration Adviser and I strongly suggest you get your cv's assessed for eligibilty to migrate to New Zealand before you commit to the big move.  Lots of people do not get accurate advice and come here to find they are not eligible to migrate permanently.  Most (but not all) people require the offer of skilled employment

In the cold hard light of day you do not want to arrive and then find you do not qualify for a visa.
Expenses will soon mount up and then you may well run out of money.

The advice given by motorlodge is sound.

Hi There,

If your skills are on the Skills Shortage List on the NZ Immigration website, and you have an offer of skilled employment, you will be fine.
Or, if you have 140 points or more you can apply for Residence from SA.
We did not use an Immigration Company, but I first applied via e-mail for a couple of positions in my field, then came for a few interviews whilst being a 'visitor'.
After returning to SA, I got a Job Offer. We then applied for our Work Visas and the Kids' Student Visas in SA, and when we got that, we were on the first plane.
We had good faith that all will come through, so we also sold the house in the meantime.

Arriving in NZ, we got our Residence 3 months later.

It is a strenuous process, but if you keep your head clear, follow the process, it should all turn out OK.

Good luck!

Hi, I live on the North Shore of Auckland and I emigrated in 2003 with my wife and 4 kids, 3 of whom are now married and I have 2 "kiwi" grandkids. My youngest grandchild turned 1 in March so I can help with any kiddy queries too by just asking my daughter.
I am a licensed immigration adviser so apart from general stuff I can hopefully help you with any specific questions you might have too. There are load of saffas on the north shore of Auckland.
All the best...

Hello there

My husband, my two kids and myself are extremely keen to emigrate to beautiful New Zealand from South Africa.

We have been given advice that my husband (who is a Procurement Manager) would need to secure employment and thereafter we would apply for a work visa.

Please may you be so kind as to provide any advice for us in terms of moving from South Africa to New Zealand?

Thank you so much.

Best regards
Linsey
[email protected]

have you got a contact number ? would like to give you a call.

Regards
Johan

Hi there

Yes I do, you can reach me on 082 326 3954.

Thank you.

Kind regards
Linsey

Hi there

If you can assist us in getting into New Zealnd, and employment we shall be eternally grateful.

Thank you so much, please may you be so kind as to email me on [email protected]

Thank you.
Kind regards
Linsey